Heavy Duty Mechanic
Posting ID: JP-002348104
Services industrial, commercial, residential, new construction and do it yourself homeowner repairs with Ready-Mix Concrete Building Products. They're looking for TWO heavy duty mechanics on their day shift. They have three locations (Washington, Sterling Heights, & Port Huron) but these position are at their headquarters in Sterling Heights.
- Dismantle and reassemble trucks, machines, and equipment to gain access to the problem area
- Change oil, check and change batteries, and perform preventative maintenance tasks on equipment and machinery
- Maintain work area to allow safe movement and access
- Visually inspect and listen to machines and equipment to locate causes of malfunctions
- Create work orders, schedule maintenance, requisition parts and equipment
- Weld, cut, and fabricate equipment and components
- Make recommendations for outside assistance in equipment repair
- Meet customer service expectations
Must be open to flexible Day shift hours
Start time could be 6am - also could be 9am.
All dependent on amount of Fleet coverage they need to be apart of.
Regardless candidates will be working 50-60 hours/week.
Some Saturdays during the summer (busy season)
2 yrs+ of Heavy Duty Mechanic work
Extensive experience with PMs, Diesel & Hydraulics
Possess own tools
Knowledge of Brake & transmission repair
NICE to HAVES:
- Class A license
- Diesel Cert.
- CAD Equipment knowledge
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Porritt, Kasey