Posting ID: JP-002663588
Job Summary: The Actalent Engineer-CAE role within the delivery organization and supports a Group Manager in the execution of day to day activities for one or more services engagements. The Project Engineer will be responsible for CAE tasks and/or Projects as part of delivery team to ensure the successful completion of project. The primary purpose of this role is to perform a wide variety of engineering and technical tasks involving the application of engineering knowledge and the development of solutions to complex problems pertaining to products, materials, manufacturing processes, tests, and unique customer applications.
• Develop and analyze components, systems, and sub system models using CAE tools to meet performance targets set by the program
• Develop and coordinate timing of CAE work plans to meet program timings
• Develop and evaluate design proposals based on analysis results and sound engineering judgement
• Support project lead and coordinate with customers as required
• Coordinate overall development activities and counterparts for improving product performance
• Writes technical reports and proposals
• Develop guidelines and best practices based on past experience to improve processes and/or methodologies
• Supervises, trains and develops junior/intermediate analyst (Project Engineers) and modelers
• Ensure the deliverables are developed in accordance with applicable industry standards, regulatory requirements.
• Responsible for preparing reports both internal and external as well as maintaining all documentation regarding the project
• Other duties as assigned by management
mechanical engineering, CAE, FEA, Nastran, LS-Dyna, Abaqus, Hypermesh
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering in Mechanical, Aerospace, and Structures
• 2+ years of Automotive CAE experience in Crash/NVH/Durability and/or Occupant simulation
• 2+ years of experience with Hypermesh/ANSA, Nastran, LS - Dyna and Abaqus
• 2+ years of experience in non-linear analysis and dynamic analysis
• Candidate must have experience working in Automotive industry. Familiarity with automotive systems and sub-systems.
• Good communication skills
• Experience with the following would be a plus
- Ansys and non-automotive experience such as high tech or aerospace
- Rigid/Flex Body Dynamics/MBD using MSC ADAMS/Motion Solve
- Vehicle dynamics and road loads
- CFD/Thermal experience
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Kevin Luna
Phone: (314) 801-5228