Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003908744
Looking for a Product Engineer to work on their Weatherstrip/Sealing business mainly, supporting customers (Ford and Stellantis) as well. This Design Engineer/Product Engineer will be design responsible and see projects thru mfg.
Job Description: :
- Design / validate and ensure manufacturing feasibility for weather strips to meet customer and manufacturing requirements.
- Vehicle validation and problem solving
- Interface w/ team members to work product thru the design/product development lifecycle
- Communicating w/ customers to update them on status and attend design review meetings
- Create APQP and engineering documents. Support design development from initial concept thru SOP
- Attend customer build events and root cause issues.
- Negotiate with customers on product design, styling and engineering requirements while ensuring manufacturability and profitability
- Provide design proposals for Automotive weather strip parts or other components utilizing 2D & 3D design tools
Customer does have CAD support in this group so these Engineers won't be doing the design solely
- Complete benchmarking examinations of competitor’s components and emerging technology.
- Provide technical reports, open items list and presentation package to customers & internal departments
- Improve designs & define new design guidelines to be adopted by the group to improve quality and productivity
- Create and maintain records of product development as required by our quality system
- Work with customers and other internal groups to resolve component functional problems.
- Develop drawings as necessary and participate in Design FMEA, as required.
- Continue to improve the product development process to provide a higher level of service to our customers.
- Demonstrate basic project management expertise.
- Drive optimization by being actively engaged in continuous improvement efforts
- Function in a highly collaborative environment where flexibility and teamwork is crucial to individual success
Hours; 8:00am - 5:00pm is typical but could be open to flex time
Travel: 10-20% to Customer locations and customer Mfg (Kentucky, Texas, Mexico, Waterville, ON
Product Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, BSME, Product Development, DVP&R, Plastics, Sheetmetal, Rubber, Door, Hood, Body, Weatherstrips, Sealing, Seal, cad data, Design, Weatherstrip, sealing
Top Skills Details:
Product Engineer, Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineer, BSME, Product Development, DVP&R, Plastics, Sheetmetal, Rubber, Door, Hood, Body, Weatherstrips, Sealing, Seal,cad data
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- BS Degree in Engineering; ideally Mechanical
- 3-5 years exp min within product engineering and design
- Experience in weatherstrip/rubber (Preferred) OR inj mold plastics, or sheet metal; SAMPLE components could be doors, body, glass systems, underhood
- Previous experience working with GM/Ford/Stellantis as a customer and understanding of Teamcenter
- Previous experience checking/pulling up designs or cutting sections in Catia but other CAD systems are ok (i.e. UGNX)
- Previous experience dealing w/ a customer in any capacity
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint
- Previous examples of taking ownership in a previous job, co-op, or school project
Nice to Have:
- JOEM experience as they do quite a bit of business with Toyota so this always helps
- Weatherstrip/sealing experience
Recruiter: Laura Wirth
Phone: (810) 237-3626