Entry-level Help Desk Technician
Posting ID: JP-002659287
Position: Help Desk Technician
Location: Eagan, MN
Remote: No - 100% in-office
Shift: See below
Duration: 6-month contract-to-hire
Interview Process: One virtual interview with a team manager
History Check: Yes
Drug Screening: Yes
Vaccination Req'd: Yes
This is a great opportunity for someone to gain corporate-level experience and go full-time with a growing company.
The Help Desk Technician is responsible for responding to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support.
The Ideal Candidate Has
- 1-2 years of formal corporate-level help desk experience.
- Experience with AD and creating new accounts.
- Soft skills and driven character.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Promote a high level of customer satisfaction through proper telephone techniques, and respond with the appropriate amount of urgency to user problems.
- Assist in tracking help desk calls pertaining to application, networking, and systems problems and issues.
- Provide support for Windows 10 and some legacy Windows 7 by evaluating and troubleshooting issues including running in-depth diagnostics.
- Assign user-name, password, and access right permissions for multiple proprietary applications, as well as client software.
- Document, track and monitor problems to ensure timely resolution.
- Identify, research, and resolve technical problems.
- Correct application issues, solve network and security problems, and identify common PC software and hardware problems.
- Provide hardware support of PCs and Laptops, such as installing replacement hardware or upgrading hardware.
- Support Software/Hardware on equipment such as Scanners, Copiers, Printers, Monitors, and other peripherals.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Additional Skills & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- An associate degree is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Computer literate and familiar with help desk procedures.
- Knowledge of systems software is sufficient to determine if a malfunction is in the hardware or in the software.
- Ability to install and deploy Windows-based computers.
- Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of Internet Explorer software usage and configuration.
- Ability to lift up to 60 pounds required.
- 6 spots for M-F 7am-4pm
- 3 spots for M-F 8am-5pm
- 3 spots for M-F 9am-6pm
- 2 spots for M-F 2pm-11pm
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072