Research And Development Technician
Posting ID: JP-002578091
This is a great opportunity to help eliminate the donor program waitlist. In this role you will assist in decellularizing porcine liver in order to be able to use the organ for a human. Below is a short description of what this opportunity entails along with the qualifications needed.
• Mammalian (adherent) cell culture
• Primary cell isolations and expansions
• Organ matrix seeding
• Culture media formulation and preparation
• Optimization of engineered organs using advanced bioreactor and organ scaffold seeding
• Set up and maintenance of custom bioreactor systems
• Functional characterization of engineered organs
• Assistance with preclinical studies
biology, cell culture, biology, microbiology, bioreactors, Laboratory, Research & development, Biotechnology, R&d, Aseptic technique
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associates degree in one of the Life Sciences or Engineering disciplines including Biomedical Engineering, Cell Biology, or Tissue Engineering
• Highly proficient in adherent mammalian cell culture with at least 1 year of experience with confidence and proficiency in aseptic technique
• Excellent organizational, verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential
• Enthusiasm for a collaborative work culture and desire to make a positive impact
- Cell culture experience
- Preference will be given to applicants with prior cell culture and cell biology experience, either industry or academic related.
- Additional experience in primary cell isolation, renal or hepatic physiology, biomaterials, kidney or liver histology/pathology, and/or the characterization of kidney or liver function are definite plusses. We encourage those with industrial or academic regenerative medicine or tissue engineering experience to apply.
Ability to work independently
Attention to detail
Strong communication skills - written and oral
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072