Donor Testing Technician- 3rd Shift!
Posting ID: JP-002075950
- The Donor Testing Technician will work in a regulated lab in four different testing areas that contain different instrumentation.
- The samples are received from the donations, non blood donors like IVF and then testing for other blood centers or clients.
- 75% are blood donors and the remainder is every other source listed above.
- The group as a whole will process 1500 samples per day.
- The Donor Testing Technician will be responsible for testing the samples on the automated test equipment, calibrating the test equipment, cleaning the test equipment, maintenance the test equipment and also review the results of the tests.
- Some of the instrumentation includes: EIA, PCR.
- They are testing for things such as Hep B, Hep C, HIV, syphilis, red cell antibody screening, etc.
- They will work in a GLP environment and have to follow specific SOP's.
Top Skills Details:
- Bachelor of Science
- Specimen Processing
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 year bachelor of science degree in any of the following: biochemistry, chemistry, biology, Clinical Laboratory sciences, etc.
- OR BA in core sciences (approval is dependent on transcript review) has to be 24 overall science credits
Experience Level: Entry Level
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072