Posting ID: JP-002663236
Summary: Provides care for laboratory animals during surgical procedures, and provides assistance to clients as needed in support of interventional and surgical studies in accordance with SOPs and study protocols while adhering to GLP and non-GLP study guidelines as required.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties, and GLP regulations as they apply to the preclinical research environment and individual protocols.
• Prepares surgical and cath lab suites for procedures, including setting up instruments and stocking study-specific supplies.
• Monitors anesthesia and animal vitals during surgical, interim and terminal procedures.
• Assists during interventional procedures by performing QCA or QVA measurements, and producing and maintaining accurate records of those measurements in CD, DVD or paper format.
• Operates specialized software-driven equipment, fluoroscopy and 3D imaging, etc. in support of procedures.
• Provides customer service to clients through professional interactions and by responding to client requests.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepares and maintains surgical instruments through washing, drying and proper storage. Assembles surgical packs and processes sterile packs via autoclave or ethylene oxide.
• Operates, cleans and maintains gas anesthesia machines, autoclave and other surgical equipment routinely utilized.
• Maintains an efficient and clean work area by organizing and re-stocking cath labs, operating rooms, and the general storeroom as needed.
• Assists with other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in a veterinary, biology or other animal science-related field is required, and a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or ALAT certification is preferred.
• Knowledge of research animal physiology, pharmacology, and general animal care required.
• An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted as a satisfactory substitute for the specific education and experience listed above.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072