Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003896593
~ Seeking motivated science individuals who are looking for opportunities with one of our larger clients in the Twin Cities Area. This role offers competitive pay and opportunities for growth in a team-oriented environment ~
This position is in the Sample Handling Facility of an internal quality labs. Responsibilities include use of various grinding mills and procedures for the preparation of food grade samples for Analytical testing.
- Titrations/wet chemistry/extractions, dilutions as needed for sample prep.
- Preparation of samples for Analytical testing: use of a variety of milling equipment blenders, Magic Bullet grinder, Stein Mill, Retch Mill.
- Position involves the use and handling of Liquid Nitrogen to prepare samples for Analytical testing at an average frequency of 2 hours per day.
- Using liquid nitrogen for milling purposes
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for sample preparation and laboratory testing.
- Filing documentation in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), data entry, and communicate timelines for testing results.
- General lab upkeep including ordering and stocking lab supplies, cleaning, equipment maintenance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- 4 year degree is required: BA/BS in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biology or scientific degree
- 0-1 years of lab experience
- Collaboration and teamwork as they are looking for someone who has good communication skills in a team atmosphere