Job Search & More
Lab Technician At General Mills
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003909536
HIRING FOR MULTIPLE LAB TECHNICIAN OPENINGS AT GENERAL MILLS, ECOLAB, AVEDA, BOSTON SCIENTIFIC, 3M, ABBOTT, CARGILL, ETC.! Below is an example of 1 opening I have. To receive an immediate request for a phone screen, please send resume directly to email@example.com.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelors degree in science related industry (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medical technology, clinical laboratory science, etc.)
Close attention to detail
Excellent research and problem resolution skills
Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
This position is in the Sample Handling Facility of General Mills' internal quality labs. Responsibilities include use of various grinding mills and procedures for the preparation of food grade samples for Analytical testing.
- Primary duties will be the preparation of samples for Analytical testing: use of a variety of milling equipment blenders, Magic Bullet grinder, Stein Mill, Retch Mill.
- Position involves the use and handling of Liquid Nitrogen to prepare samples for Analytical testing at an average frequency of 2 hours per day.
- When using liquid nitrogen for milling purposes, proper personal protective equipment (PPE) must be worn, consisting of OSHA-approved safety glasses, laboratory coat, and cryogenic gloves.
- Follow Good Laboratory Practices (GLP’s) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for sample preparation and laboratory testing.
- Filing documentation in the Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS), data entry, and communicate timelines for testing results.
- General lab upkeep including ordering and stocking lab supplies, cleaning, equipment maintenance.
- Titrations/wet chemistry/extractions, dilutions as needed for sample prep.
Recruiter: Mariam Shenouda