Job Search & More
Posted Thursday, July 6, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003887096
1. Answers phones for the pharmacy department and directs calls to appropriate personnel.
2. Maintains knowledge of the Hospital Credit and Collection Policy and other related policies.
3. Prepackages, prepares, labels and hands out prescriptions after they are checked by a registered
4. Maintains cash registers, credit card machines and reporting for cash transactions.
5. Prepares daily deposits for the cashier’s office.
6. Bills and credits patient medications.
7. Stocks inventory in Pharmacy.
8. Routinely checks and removes outdated and expired medications.
9. Delivers medications to patient care and ancillary areas and picks up new orders as scheduled.
10. Files prescriptions and reports.
11. Maintains the pharmacy in a clean and organized fashion.
12. Enters outpatient prescriptions
13. Obtains and records patient drug histories
14. Triages orders, determines priorities, processes orders and notifies the pharmacist as appropriate
15. Performs various calculations to determine the correct dose using weight
16. Identifies the appropriate product to process based on the prescription order
17. Triages insurance rejections and initiates prior authorization claims as needed
18. Uses appropriate pharmaceutical-medical terms, abbreviations and symbols
19. Maintains a working knowledge of general chemical and physical properties of drugs
20. Compounding medications as per Minnesota Board of Pharmacy rules and regulations
21. Responsible for safe and careful handling of chemotherapeutic medications
22. Assist with other duties as assigned but only after appropriate training
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
High school diploma/GED
Registered pharmacy technician with state of MN
6+ months pharmacy tech experience