Job Search & More
Medical Lab Scientist
Posted Monday, July 17, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003909526
HIRING FOR MEDICAL LAB SCIENTIST AND MEDICAL LAB TECHNICIAN OPENINGS! To receive an immediate request for a phone screen, please send resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Performs and reports manual and automated testing in accordance with standard operating procedures.
• Assesses the validity of results in the context of age and growth/development status. Takes appropriate action based on the test result and notifies physician and/or pathologist as required.
• Validates, documents and reports results following standard operating procedures including the calling of critical results.
• Collects and processes samples in compliance with customer identification, infection prevention, hazardous waste and specimen integrity standard operating procedures.
• Maintains competency by performing proficiency testing and performing, evaluating and reporting of quality control.
• Communicates effectively including reporting quality control variances to supervisors, between shift communication with SBAR, and interacting respectfully with customers.
• May participate in the training and orientation of students and team members, new testing development, and writing and review of standard operating procedures.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
• Recognizes and complies with legal, regulatory, accrediting and procedural requirements related to area of responsibility.
Medical laboratory, Ascp, laboratory, biology, chemistry
Recruiter: Mariam Shenouda