Entry Level Animal Technician- Minneapolis
Posting ID: JP-002178568
An entry-level animal technician that provides for the basic needs of large laboratory animals by performing animal husbandry tasks such as feeding, weighing, preventive health maintenance, providing social interaction, and by maintaining a clean living environment according to SOPs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
1. Maintains knowledge of applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in order to successfully perform job duties.
2. Cleans and/or completes spray-backs and sanitizing of animal caging and housing areas per SOP. Operates a variety of cleaning equipment such as pressure hoses and cage washers.
3. Administers daily and enrichment feeding according to SOP or protocol prescribed amounts and types of feed. Assesses and documents appetite and feces patterns.
4. Performs large animal receipt, including preparing housing for arrival, movement of animals to housing, preparing animal charts, and bathing and weighing of animals as required.
5. Performs daily documentation activities, such as cleaning/sprayback and feeding dates and times, sanitation dates and initials, appetite, feces and vomit observations, room and location transfers, room temperature and humidity data, etc.
6. Weighs animals according to schedule or as dictated by study protocol.
7. Performs preventive health maintenance such as ear cleaning, skin greasing, and quarantine and pre-procedure bathing.
8. Conducts animal movement from room to room as needed for housing requirements, study requirements, cleaning, etc. Uses transport cart to assist with moving post-operative animals.
9. Interacts with animals daily and sets up or participates in animal enrichment activities.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
10. Assists with training newer Animal Technicians.
11. Assists with stocking animal and surgical supplies.
12. Other duties as assigned.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
-High school diploma or GED
-6 months of experience working with animals - horses, cows, pigs, goats, sheep
-Attention to detail
-Strong communication skills - written and verbal
If interested, please call Lauren Kuchenmeister at 763-923-2005
Recruiter: Lauren Kuchenmeister