Posting ID: JP-002628177
Pet Technician is responsible for supporting Scientists in research, testing, laboratory maintenance and data management on a daily basis. This position requires the ability to take direction, and at times work autonomously, to support the daily needs within the ITQ Pet operation.
• Receive, label, and store food samples to be tested
• Facilitate analytical testing, including sample preparation and instrumental analysis
• Document results and review data
• Investigate any technical discrepancies on a timely basis
• Manage analytical instrument maintenance tasks
• Manage daily data entry in relevant analyses
• Develop a strong knowledge of the analytical methods being used to analyze samples.
• Provide support and flexibility related to the analysis of samples and data management
• 0-3 Years of Experience. Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Flavor Science, Food Science, Biology or related field, Knowledge of analytical methods
• Basic analytical and/or food chemistry testing including pipetting, weighing, grinding, etc.
• Knowledge of laboratory quality systems, statistics, and document control
• Ability to manually calculate analytical test results
• Demonstrated ability to work and communicate with people from technical, production, and other backgrounds
• Strong knowledge and background of analytical instrumentation and data analysis
• Able to coordinate multiple tasks effectively
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; PC skills: proficient with Word, Excel, etc.
• Works well with individuals and teams; displays a positive attitude
• Excellent judgment and problem-solving ability; Flexibility and adaptability
• Demonstrates the following competencies and behaviors: Acts Boldly, Moves Quickly; Influences the Business; Creates Advantaged Connections; Champions Remarkable Products and Solutions; Leverages Global Scale, Drives Global Impact; Advances Technical Possibilities
• Stand for long period of time on feet
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072