Small Animal Research Technician
Posting ID: JP-002665133
We are looking for a 1st shift Small Animal Research Technician
- Performs dosing of test agents in small animals through a variety of dosing methods, including, but not limited to, intraperitoneal, intravenous, epicutaneous, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, and oral.
- Performs scoring of test agents, assessing the subject’s reaction to the agent.
- Performs post-procedure small animal euthanasia following established protocols.
- Performs and documents a variety of activities, including but not limited to, routine clinical observations, charting of physiological data and animal health status, taking study-required animal weights, etc.
- Assists with preparing animals for surgery and with administering and monitoring anesthesia during procedure and post-operatively.
- Performs all aspects of veterinary directed care and general husbandry procedures according to established procedures, guidelines and study protocols that meet the acceptable criteria of the veterinarian. Administers medications as prescribed by veterinarian and/or protocol specifications.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in veterinary, biology, or other animal science-related field is required, and a Certified Veterinary Technician (CVT) or ALAT certification is preferred.
- Technical, hands-on experience with some variation of job duties listed above (preferably with large animals, but dogs and cats will be most common)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072