Sr. Maintainability Engineer (Fully Remote)
Posting ID: JP-002663208
- Develops plans for managing projects which will define the maintainability engineering products and analyses needed to be developed for a project or program. Ensures projects and tasks meet cost, quality, schedule and performance requirements.
- Identifies and defines Line Replaceable Units/Modules or Shop Replaceable Units for which analysis needs to be performed.
- Performs Level of Repair Analysis as required to determine the most cost effective alternatives for performing maintenance tasks over the life of the end item or equipment. (Experience with EDCAS is desired.)
- Performs maintenance task analysis, defining maintenance task steps, equipment, tools, times and personnel requirements. (Experience with SLICwave is desired.)
- Calculates Maintenance Ratio, Mean Time To Repair and Max Time To Repair using SLICwave.
- Reviews the design concept and preliminary design for impacts to maintainability. Influences the design effort to ensure maintenance tasks can be accomplished effectively and efficiently by the end user or maintenance staff.
- Recommends changes to designs based on the analysis performed and determines where opportunities exist to improve maintainability and reduce the life-cycle cost of the system.
- Executes and reports on verification and validation efforts to determine whether a system under review will be supportable when fielded.
- Develops and writes technical documentation, makes revisions to existing documentation and provides input to technical papers or presentations.
- Prepares and presents project technical results, recommendations and solutions to internal and external customers.
- Performs technical analysis, calculations and the evaluation of results to solve complex engineering problems using specialized software, models or simulations.
- Provides input and status to project leaders on technical content, cost, schedule and workload requirements.
- Develops and maintains effective relationships with customers to resolve complex technical problems and implement solutions.
- May direct the work of less experienced technical personnel.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives, policies and rules.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Top Skills Details:
SLICwave, PowerLOG, Mean Time To Repair, Max Time To Repair, ms office suite
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Must have a minimum of 2 plus years experience of:
- Performs analysis of design and support system concepts to determine the viability of the design in the customer’s logistic structure.
- Functions as part of the design team in developing the optimum design that meets all customer requirements.
- Develops narrative and cost proposal inputs.
- Performs maintainability analysis and modeling; modifies/develops models to support analysis when adequate models are not available.
- Performs all analysis tasks for systems in all phases of the life-cycle.
- Represents us at Program and Design Reviews.
- Provides design alternatives to improve supportability.
- Provides technical direction to subcontractors to ensure all maintainability requirements are met within cost and schedule constraints.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072