Medical Laboratory Assistant
Posting ID: JP-002178980
*Wonderful Opportunity to Gain Experience in a Hospital Setting*
Performs data entry, basic computer operations, specimen collection, processing, and basic laboratory procedures.
• Performs computer data entry, result lookup, generates laboratory customer test reports.
• Processes specimens using established policies and procedures, follows infection control policies consistently.
• Performs limited customer testing following appropriate policies and procedures.
• Answers and resolves telephone inquiries in a professional manner.
• Assists in the direction of the workflow of the phlebotomy staff.
• Provide excellent customer service to internal and external clients.
• Accepts other duties as assigned to promote the accomplishment of organizational goals.
• The team member is accountable to demonstrate proficiency for the skills outlined in the appropriate position skills list.
• The team member is accountable to maintain skill proficiency, including improvement where deemed necessary, and upgrading any additional or new skills on the appropriate position skills list.
Schedules available: (Shift start and end times may be adjusted by 30 minutes to cover shift changes)
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (Day)
7:00 AM - 3:30 PM (Day) with every other weekend
2:30 PM - 11 PM (Evening) and 10:30 PM - 7 AM (Night) rotating with every other weekend (32 hours/week)
specimen processing, data entry, laboratory, biology, chemistry
Top Skills Details:
specimen processing, data entry
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochem, Chemistry or any related science program required.
• Course work in chemistry, biology, genetics, Biochem, or related coursework with lab requirements
Recruiter: Thomas Wyatt-Yerka