Medical Lab Technician
Posting ID: JP-002665168
Under the direction of the supervisor performs all aspects of laboratory testing to ensure that timely and accurate laboratory services are provided to meet the needs of neonates, infants, adolescents, adults and geriatric customers.
- Performs and reports manual and automated testing in accordance with standard operating procedures. Performs testing in specialty areas of the laboratory. Serves in a charge role when a supervisor is not on site.
- Performs testing on Chemistry Analyzer, Hemalyzer, Kit Testing, Microbiology testing
- Assesses the validity of test results in the context of age and growth/development status. Takes appropriate action based on the test results and notifies physician and/or pathologist as required.
- Validates, documents, and reports results following standard operating procedures.
- Collects and processes samples in compliance with customer identification, infection prevention, hazardous waste and specimen integrity standard operating procedures.
- Maintains competency by performing proficiency testing and performing, evaluating and reporting of quality control.
- Communicates effectively including reporting quality control variances to supervisors, between shift communication with SBAR, and interacting respectively with customers.
- Participates in the training and orientation of students and team members, new testing development, and writing and review of standard operating procedures.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Associate's degree in a chemical, physical, biological or clinical science, or medical technology from an accredited institution or equivalent education and experience to qualify under CLIA guidelines.
- ASCP certification strongly preferred
- Must have completed an accredited Medical Technologist or Clinical/Medical Lab Scientist program
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072