Moderately Complex Testing (MCT) Technologist
Posting ID: JP-002178851
This opening would be in the Moderately Complex Testing (MCT) Lab. As an MCT Technologist, one would receive on the job training for the pre-analytical and post-analytical set up and testing of patient samples. This lab is fast paced and performs a variety of testing including therapeutic drug testing and drug screening analysis. The MCT lab performs a mix of high and moderate complexity testing and uses immunoassay methodology with some assays requiring an extraction procedure before analysis.
• Receive specimens for testing; evaluate specimens and test orders; determine priority of work and batches to maintain acceptable turn-around-time; recognize unacceptable and unusual specimens and handle appropriately.
• Adhere to SOP while performing extractions and analysis on client samples, quality control samples and proficiency samples.
• Prepare laboratory reagents and standard solutions according to SOP.
• Evaluate raw and final data for accuracy; recognize and correct errors and unusual results; interpret result to produce a final report; use GDP in all documentation.
• Maintain, calibrate and clean instrumentation; perform scheduled/routine maintenance and critical function checks; recognize significant changes in instrument function; troubleshoot as indicated.
• Follow quality control rules; monitor controls for error detection and take corrective action; maintain laboratory records, maintenance logs, quality control logs, reagent and standard logs, and worksheets.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelors degree in science (biology, chemistry, biochemistry, medical technology, clinical laboratory science, etc.)
- Close attention to detail
- Excellent research and problem resolution skills
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and manage time
- Must be able to perform work with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Morgan Finch
Phone: (763) 923-2083