Chemist: Pays $19/hr
Posting ID: JP-002663288
This company does independent laboratory testing on pet food and grain samples for a nationally-know company. The lab position itself is an excellent starting place for a career in a lab, given the fact that this team is willing to teach a variety of skills that candidates aren't familiar with. We're looking for people with a completed AS or BS degree in science, but all they really need to do is come ready to learn!
Must have a completed degree (AS OR BS) in the sciences, also must be familiar with UV Vis, chemical titrations, etc.
- Pay: $19/hr
- Shift Times:
- Option 1: (Sun - Thurs); 10:30am - 7:00pm
- Option 2: (Tues - Sat); 10:30am - 7:00pm
- Option 3: this facility is willing to accept part time work for the same roles (if needed)
- Location: Forsyth, MO (further details upon application)
- Receive and send samples, implementing their location in the computer system
- Test samples to investigate what/where in production process certain issues arose
- Perform analytical testing on samples by using UV-VIS, FT-IR, titrations, and more
- after roughly 1 year of experience, this employee will be further-trained on using the HPLC and ICP instruments
- Report the assigned testing of samples submitted to the chemistry or microbiology laboratory
- Maintain the workflow of the laboratory through consistent cleaning and general assistant work
- Organize and maintain the necessary chemical and reagent stocks
- Properly handle and dispose of all hazardous waste generated during routine functions.
- Cross-train and assist others in performing routine testing of submitted samples.
- Testing/Lab Work Includes:
- HPLC (once trained)
- ICP (once trained)
- Completed Degree (AS or BS) in science-related topic
- can be chemistry, biology, biochemistry, microbiology, molecular biology, etc.
- MUST BE FAMILIAR WITH USING UV-VIS or FT-IR instruments
Laboratory, Lab Assistant, Lab Tech, Biology, Chemistry, Quality Control, GMP, Chemical, Specimen Processing, Sample Testing, Sample Collection, Water Sampling
Top Skills Details:
- Lab Technician
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072