Afternoon Quality Tech: Pays $18+
Posting ID: JP-002659764
- Pay: $18.25/hr
- Contract: 6 Month Contract-To-Hire (designed to bring employee on team upon contract conversion)
- Shift: 2:00pm - 10:30pm (Monday - Friday)
- Location: Hazelwood, MO (further details upon application)
This company formulates various food additives for sweeteners, supplements, and more. The position itself required no previous education, just familiarity in a laboratory/quality setting. Their products are oftentimes used in fitness supplements like whey protein. The QC Lab Technicians support the food ingredient production facility that makes powdered mixes primarily incorporated into dairy (milk) products including chocolate powders, strawberry powders, protein powders, creatine powders, vitamin mixes, etc.
- This person will be involved with testing raw material samples from production and perform release of Raw Materials and appropriate documentation and paperwork.
- Will also prepare samples for sample batches which mimic their products in the final form as they would be used by the end customer.
- Will prepare 50-60 sample batches per shift.
- This involves weighing ingredients, adding to the batch, and cooking at appropriate temperatures until done.
- Will conduct basic lab testing including viscosity, moisture, water, activity, etc. as well as sensory testing (taste, smell, appearance).
- May have some microbiology sample preparation duties as needed.
- Will also perform basic duties including dishwashing, cleaning, sample prep, and organization in the lab.
- Will be involved in production room inspections and release as well as final release of product and all associated documentation in the CPU system and QA Logbook.
- Position requires someone to work on their feet the majority of the day with some work at a desk entering sample data or releasing product in the system
- NO SCIENTIFIC EDUCATION EXPERIENCE REQUIRED, only need experience in lab/qc setting, etc.
- Cannot be allergic to common food allergens Dairy, wheat, soy, eggs etc. due to sensory testing.
moisture, raw, material, QC, Quality, release, food, science, sensory, test, GMP, viscosity
Top Skills Details:
moisture,raw,material,QC,Quality,release,food,science,sensory,test, lab, laboratory, testing, science, scientific industry, entry level
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072