Job Search & More
Site Safety Supervisor
Posted Thursday, July 13, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003901579
Actalent is seeking a safety specialist!
Actalent is seeking a local safety specialist to work a 4 month contract on a construction project in the Kansas City, MO area.
- Conduct weekly safety audit/reporting, incident/injury reporting when needed, basic safety checklists, conducting safety orientation.
- Client is very involved, so needs safety specialist to be observing.
- Lead efforts in the creation Site Specific Safety Plans.
- Coordinate with the project team to establish a safe working environment for all.
- Conduct/Coordinate all-hands site safety meetings to assigned project on a monthly (min) basis.
- Attend all project foreman’s meetings to voice safety topics/concerns between the monthly all-hands meetings.
- Assist/Participate in client sponsored safety meetings/training.
- Act as a liaison between the client and the contractor's team on safety issues/concerns.
- Issue/assist with safety permits (Hot work, LOTO, Trenching, Confined Space Etc.)
- Assist in planning of all high-risk activities.
- Review and sign off on all crane pick plan, confined space entry plans etc.
- Conduct weekly (min) Site Safety Audits to ensure and document safe working conditions.
- Ensure subcontractors follow contractor's procedure, OSHA, state, and site-specific regulations.
- Assist Safety Manager, as necessary.
- Supervise subcontractor's activities.
- Ensure subcontractors are properly using their Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Ensure subcontractor compliance with safety documentation (JHA’s, Method Statements, training records etc.).
- Collect/record data and pertinent information.
- Attend Foreman coordination meetings to offer direction on performing upcoming tasks safely, and to assist in the coordination of permits and processes.
- Ensure all PPE is stocked up and ready for employees.
- Ensure all safety equipment is purchased and on hand for tasks.
- Keep up to date on all the latest rules, regulations and standards of the industry.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 5+ years in construction safety
- Professional. Will be client facing
- Ability to travel 100%
- Degree in EHS
- CHST CERT highly preferred
- OSHA 500 preferred
- Must have own laptop
Recruiter: Andrew Ferguson