Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 11, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003896145
Actalent is seeking a traveling construction Safety Specialist!
This role will train under the safety manager. Will travel to job sites 2 weeks a month to offload the safety manager's travel responsibility. Will also fill in occasionally for current staff for vacations/etc.
- Assist in developing, implementing, and overseeing company programs and policies
- Maintain/update Safety S.O.P. as needed.
- Maintain/update EHS Program as needed.
- Establish and administer Loss Control Program.
- Establish and maintain a record-keeping system (OSHA 300 & 301, DART, TCIR, etc.)
- Provide leadership, guidance, and oversight to Safety Supervisors/Specialists.
- Ensure Site Specific Safety Plans are created/implemented on every site.
- Ensure all EHS Program is being complied with at the project level.
- Participating in workplace safety and health planning meetings.
- Ensuring managers and supervisors have the appropriate safety and health training.
- Assist in developing a budget, logistic plans, and work sequencing to accommodate safe working conditions.
- Overall accident prevention and investigation.
- Review and approve all incident investigation reports.
- Ensuring safety and health hazards are corrected, eliminated, or guarded.
- Develop company health and safety plans and policies and manage programs that ensure safe working conditions.
- Conduct safety meetings and training.
- Establish procedures for permitting (Hot work, Confined Space, LOTO, etc.)
- Establish procedures for OSHA inspections.
- Establish procedures and documentation for accident/incident investigation and reporting.
- Establish disciplinary actions for unsafe acts.
- Develop and implement a disciplinary action plan for safety violations/infractions.
- Track and record disciplinary actions for safety violations/infractions.
- Participate in pre-bid planning, project planning, and project closeout meetings as required.
- Assure compliance with the Safety and Loss Prevention Program.
- Supervise employee activities.
- Inspect company equipment and property to ensure compliance with health and safety standards.
- Manage health and safety plans and policies and ensure safe working conditions.
- Be a resource for all field-level management for upcoming activities.
- Track, store, and issue safety devices to job sites as needs arise (AED, gas monitors etc.).
- Act as a resource for all other departments and all other Health and Safety topics and concerns.
- Keep up to date on all the latest rules, regulations, and requirements pertaining to construction.
- Relay all new information to field-level management.
- Fill in as needed at the site level for employees on vacation etc.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- CHST certification required
- Degree in safety preferred, but not a must have
- 5+ years with construction safety experience
- Ability to travel as needed
- Ability to relocate to Kansas City (assistance provided)
Recruiter: Andrew Ferguson