Desktop Support Technician
Posting ID: JP-002659975
Provides Application, Cloud, Hardware/Software, Network, and Security support in relation to the client computing
environment by performing the following duties
1. Responsible for Service Requests assigned to the Desktop Team; ensures these tickets are completed within the IT Services
2. Assembling and configuration of PC hardware/software components and associated peripherals.
3. Develops, manages, and provides training on PC/laptop operations; provides assistance to other IT disciplines within the
4. Performs in-person and remote troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common desktop problems related to application,
cloud, hardware/software, network, and security; escalate to other technology disciplines as needed.
5. Provides 2nd tier technical support for all items related to the Application, Cloud, Hardware/Software, Network, and
6. Responds to requests and questions from clients concerning their access to the PC and its resources.
7. Installs or assists service personnel in installation of hardware/software and peripheral components such as monitors,
keyboards, printers, and scanners on user’s premises.
8. Responds to requests and questions from clients concerning systems operation and diagnoses system hardware/software,
and operator problems.
9. Recommends and/or performs minor remedial actions to correct problems.
10. Coordinates activities with the different disciplines within Information Technology Services
11. Provides updates status, and completion information to manager, problem request tracking system and/or users, via voice
mail, e-mail or in person communications.
12. Replaces defective or inadequate software packages.
13. Escalates major hardware problems to other technical discipline personnel for correction.
14. Assists with the preparation of documentation of desktop tech processes and computer configurations.
15. Assists in managing the budget for all items related to client computer hardware/software
16. Oversee enforcement of policies and procedures for system security administration and user system access, based on
industry-standard best practices and Swope Policies.
17. Assist with deployment of additional security products and tools, or enhancements to existing tools, to detect violations of
network security measures.
18. Ensure that the appropriate patches, hot fixes, and service packs are installed on company-owned or licensed
hardware/software in a timely manner.
19. Assist with the management of the data backup infrastructure
20. Assist with the management of the data storage infrastructure
21. Assist with the deployment and management of the Cloud Infrastructure and corresponding Security
22. On-call availability
23. Other duties as assigned
desktop, windows, o365, help desk support, windows 10
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Bachelor’s degree in the field of Computer Information Systems or related field or at least 3 years’ experience in Information
Technology, with an emphasis in cloud, computer hardware/software support, network, or cybersecurity troubleshooting.
Experience & Qualifications
1. Bachelor’s degree in the field of computer information systems or related field or at least 3 years’ experience in information
technology, with an emphasis in computing hardware/software troubleshooting.
2. Advanced knowledge of Office 365, Microsoft Teams, & Windows 10 OS
3. Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SCCM and how to manage patches within an environment
4. Basic knowledge of Microsoft Exchange
5. Basic knowledge of network and IS cybersecurity components, including firewalls, cabling, cable management standards,
anti-virus software, intrusion detection/prevention, data encryption, and Public Key Infrastructure.
6. Basic knowledge of TCP/IP, UDP, Subnetting, Various Routing Protocols (EIGRP, OSPF), and other network protocols,
including their vulnerabilities and solutions.
7. Working knowledge of applicable practices and laws relating to data privacy and protection.
8. Working technical knowledge of current systems software, operating systems, and PC protocols and standards, including
Windows Active Directory.
9. Basic hands-on experience with devices such as routers, switches, servers (virtual and cloud), and cabling.
10. High level of analytical and problem-solving abilities.
11. Ability to conduct research into issues and products/services as required.
12. Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
13. Ability to take direction with minimal oversight and a positive attitude
14. Must be able to travel to remote clinics on a daily or weekly basis to support the computer systems at these locations.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072