Posting ID: JP-002659695
Can sit 100% remote anywhere in the US
Job Description Summary :
Under minimal supervision, the Network Engineer III assists with the installation and support of network communications, including LAN/WAN (local/wide area network) systems, and the configuration and administration of firewalls, network switches, routers, wireless networks, and network load balancers.
• Performs maintenance and upgrade of networks, including servers, routers, switches, firewalls, remote access systems, and network management systems.
• Monitors network connectivity and ensures high-quality data and voice transmissions.
• Develops enterprise service-level agreements (SLAs) for network infrastructure and associated applications.
• Provides technical support to various departments and users with regards to LAN/WAN and cloud-based networks.
• Contacts vendors and other third-party providers as necessary to resolve network issues.
• Participates in the planning of large-scale systems projects through vendor comparison and cost studies and by interfacing with other Blue KC departments to understand technology requirements.
• Communicates business information, technical information, and developments to users and technical staff in both verbal and written form; provides or coordinates feedback to management and/or users on all open issues.
• Coaches/trains/mentors less experienced Network Engineers.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Systems, or a related field; or 6+ years’ experience in network engineering assignments; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• 6+ years’ experience in network administration, analysis, planning, and design.
• 6+ years’ experience in network diagnostic and monitoring tools, network installation and configuration, and network management tools and troubleshooting.
• 2+ years’ experience in supporting Cisco ISE
server support, Vmware, Windows, Systems engineering, ise, System administrator
Top Skills Details:
server support,Vmware,Windows,Systems engineering,ise
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Experience with AWS/Azure cloud-based solutions.
• Experience with SD-WAN technologies.
• Cisco CCNP certification.
• Cisco ISE certification.
• Palo Alto PCNSE (Certified Network Security Engineer) certification.
• F5-CTS (Certified Technology Specialist) certification.
• Aruba ACMP (Certified Mobility Professional) certification.
• Microsoft MCSE or equivalent certification.
• Self-driven problem solver
• Excellent command of written and spoken English
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072