Analytical Chemist (Hiring Bachelors, Masters , And PhD Candidates) - IMMEDITE HIRE!
Posting ID: JP-002660073
Our client is a global leader in analytical chemistry, advanced microscopy, surface analysis and analytical testing services of various types of materials from synthetic biomaterials to nanotechnology. This is a 3rd party contract testing lab. Many of their clients require investigative analysis and this lab specific deals with polymer chemistry. This is a fast paced lab with strict deadlines to hit.
• Expertise in analytical chemistry which includes:
o Understanding of quantitative analysis, e.g. external calibration, internal standard calibration, standard addition
o Analytical method development and validation experience
o Familiarity with various instruments utilized in the lab (i.e. FTIR, GC-MS, etc.)
o Experience with various polymer analysis techniques such as DSC, DMA, GPC, TGA, TMA and rheology a plus
• Design experiments with limited assistance from management and/or experienced scientists
• Interpret analytical data from various instrumentation and apply understanding to solving a specific problem
• Apply additional analytical data from techniques such as LC-MS, NMR, SEM/EDXA and ICP in solving a specific problem
• Write scientific reports fit for the audience that includes specific conclusions, exact methodology, and supporting analytical data
• Work comfortably in a fast-paced environment with firm deadlines
• Maintain analytical instrumentation and troubleshoot problems when necessary
• Author standard operating procedures and demonstrate the ability to follow procedures
• Collaborate effectively in a team environment
• Communicate constructively with other team members and managers
• Exhibit proficiency in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.)
Implementation, Chemistry, Quality control, Analytical chemistry, Wet chemistry, Gcms, lc-ms
Top Skills Details:
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Looking for someone who is enthusiastic and can learn quickly. Doesn't need to be a polymer chemist
- They will be doing sample prep, but if someone has learned to do sample prep that is helpful and they can be trained on instruments
○ BS in Chemistry or related science with chemistry from lab, recruit for character, willingness to learn, enthusiastic
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072