Sr. Business Analyst
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000817625400
World Wide Technology has an opening for a Senior Business Analyst to support the Global Services & Engineering (GS&E) Strategic Initiatives & Operations team. This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager, Services Strategic Initiatives and will be responsible for working with the project teams to assess business needs, gather requirements, and help understand and improve work processes.
The Sr. Business Analyst will partner with the Area Director of Services Business Process & Systems to architect business solutions and partner with IT to align business outcomes to system capabilities. This role will have a strong understanding of systems, architecture, and the ability to translate business outcomes and requirements to the technical teams.
The ideal candidate will have an extensive background in defining, implementing, and validating best practices to implement process and systems changes, leveraging existing methodologies such as waterfall or agile, and understanding how to dynamically apply these principles to optimally operate within the WWT environment.
The Sr. Business Analyst will be a coach, mentor, and guide to more junior members of the team to assist in driving consistency and process across the team to optimize process and system implementation success.
The ideal candidate will have a high EQ, be able to work independently and as part of a team, build cross functional relationships and work in a dynamic, fast paced environment, with changing priorities and ambiguity.
Job Responsibilities/Essential Functions/Competencies
- Gain an in-depth knowledge of current processes and business practices through shadowing, interviewing key participants, and maintaining an understanding of the business.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate business requirements and desired outcomes with technical team members to define the optimal solution
- Ability to clearly and effectively guide and align business outcomes and requirements to what is technically feasible, while making the business feel like their needs and requirements are being met and listened to
- Analyze, draft, validate and finalize business and technical requirements.
- Partner with OCM team members to proactively examine the change impact of process adjustments on people, strategy, systems and general business operations to determine priority of needs.
- Create User Acceptance Testing (UAT) Test Cases and facilitate UAT sessions.
- Assist with support of system changes/ implementation on an as-needed basis.
- Monitor and measure the effectiveness of processes post-implementation to ensure they continue to provide a positive impact on the team and are appropriate for the business.
- Engage with leadership to understand and refer to the vision, goals, and initiatives for your business area.
- Core competencies in the creation of Business Cases, User Stories, and Workflow Diagrams. Additional competencies in the creation of Functional Requirements, data mapping, data modeling, and systems migrations are preferred.
- Must have proven ability and working knowledge of business process/lifecycle management principles, theories and concepts and a general understanding of industry practices, techniques, and standards.
- The ability to use independent judgment in identifying root cause of problems and developing solutions to a variety of problems of moderate to large scope and complexity.
- Good verbal and written communication and presentation skills to accurately document and report findings to a variety of audiences.
- Good interpersonal skills to influence and guide team members, business partners, IT and other stakeholders
- The ability to maintain the confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Business Analysis, Computer Information Systems, Data Analytics, Information Technology or equivalent
Certifications – Optional
- Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma
- Agile, Scrum
- IIBA Certifications
- 5-7+ years of experience as a business analyst working with technical systems.
- Technology industry background preferred
- Leadership skills and background preferred
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to facilitate cross-functional collaboration, effective communication, decision making, and conflict resolution.
- Understands systems architecture, integrations, data management concepts and can communicate business requirements efficiently and effectively to highly technical team members
- Possess the business acumen required to ensure that goals, scope, and domain knowledge is shared and understood by everyone on the team as well as possible.
- Effective communication skills to ensure that goals, scope, and domain knowledge is shared and understood by everyone on the team as well as possible.
- Builds productive relationships with peers and senior leaders and delivers on commitments to gain trust and respect.
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Job Number: #22-0183
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072