Cloud Platform Architect--Azure
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000650733906
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,000 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Cloud Platform Architect to join our Cloud Architecture and Engineering Team!
Why should you join the Cloud Architecture and Engineering team?
The Cloud Architecture & Engineering team is a fast paced-high energy organization. We focus on the cutting edge services and technologies used in cloud operating models. Our main focus is AWS, Microsoft and Google with additional focus around application architecture, hybrid cloud platforms and infrastructure as code technologies. The team is focused on working in teams to solve complex challenges and help customers bring to life their transformation initiative through the use of Public/Private/Hybrid cloud platforms, application architecture and data. We often work cross functionally with other technology practices within WWT such as Application Services, Global Engineering, Consulting Services, and Infrastructure Services.
World Wide Technology, LLC. has an opportunity available for an Azure-focused Cloud Platform Architect to work within a strong, highly technical, fast paced, and high performance global engineering organization. You will be responsible for execution on our customer facing engagements and planning and organizing are two of your strong characteristics. You are willing to take on the responsibility of learning tools of the trade when required and you enjoy working closely with customers and team members. You will be expected to communicate on daily basis with various internal and external customers (by e-mail and phone) and deliver and support customer solutions. The position will have great demands for imaginative thinking, with the need to be flexible and committed.
You will have the technical acumen to provide guidance and support to other members of the team to ensure project success. Teamwork is critical aspect to the role, working together to deliver a high quality, reliable service to our customers. We are seeking highly qualified technical experts for this role. You will have a strong broad-based generalist background with specialized, proven experience within the Public/Hybrid/Private Cloud space. You must be willing to travel 30-40%
- Work with Sales engineers/Cloud consultants to review and validate understanding of customer requirements and translate initial scope into actionable items
- Participate in the creation of High-Level Designs and Low-Level Designs for areas of expertise
- Design and Implement Azure and Multicloud IT solutions and service offerings at customer sites-locally, regionally, and nationally as well as provide feedback for improvement
- Generate project support documentation, including procedural documents for implemented systems when scope requires
- Maintain required level of knowledge on company-offered solutions including the completion of assigned courses and relevant certification exams when applicable.
- Stay current with emerging technologies and advancements within existing technologies
- Be able to educate others within the organizations in the areas of your expertise
- Work as part of an implementation team and maintain a strong adherence to WWT Core Values
- Participate as needed on Innovation Teams for Emerging Technology Solutions
- Must have at least 3 years of experience designing, deploying, and implementing Public, Private, and Hybrid Cloud Technologies in accordance with industry best practices combined with at least 5 years of experience in either compute, networking or storage solutions
- Strong preference for experience with application rationalization.
- Must have Professional Services experience leading large enterprise deployments
- Experience with the deployment of Virtualization technologies is required
- Must understand Public, Private, & Hybrid Cloud Strategies
- Fluent understanding of Agile and/or ITIL
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal with great attention to detail
- Independent and self-motivated and very thorough worker
- Troubleshooting skills (patience and determination to find and solve problems)
REQUIRED SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Experience with using Microsoft Azure and related tooling
- Experience architecting and deploying of Azure compute, networking and storage services offerings such as Virtual Machines, Managed SQL Instances (MSI), App Services, Functions, Kubernetes (AKS / k8s), Storage Accounts, and Express Route
- Experience architecting and configuring Azure Network Security Groups (NSG), KeyVault, Identity and Access Management roles (IAM), Service Principals, Monitor, etc.
- Experience architecting cloud methodologies in Azure leveraging the Cloud Adoption Framework (CAF), Well-Architected Framework, Policy and Management Groups
- Proven experience in designing, deploying and managing Public/Private/Hybrid Cloud and associated integrations
- Experience and working knowledge of Virtualization, Networking, Data Center, and Security
- Must have the ability to understand the interdependencies of how various technology components integrate with one another
- Experience with integrating heterogeneous environments
- Understanding of the Cloud Cost models and Optimization strategies
STRONGLY DESIRED SKILLS:
- Microsoft and Azure Certifications including Administrator Associate, Security Engineer Associate and Solutions Architect Expert
- Experience with CI/CD tools such as Azure DevOps (ADO), Spinnaker and Jenkins
- Experience with Automation and Infrastructure as Code (IaC) concepts using frameworks such as Terraform, Ansible, and Pulumi along with Azure-specific tooling such as ARM templates, CLI and PowerShell modules
- Familiarity with the overall Cloud ecosystem, products and solutions
- Experience with manipulating RESTful APIs to programmatically automate manual tasks
- Experience working with and integrating other vendors such as VMware, Pivotal, NetApp, Red Hat and other cloud technologies and ISVs
- Knowledge of cloud management platforms such as vRealize Automation (vRA), Morpheus, Embotics, Cisco CloudCenter, and Red Hat CloudForms, etc.
Want to learn more about Cloud Architecture and Engineering? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/category/multi-cloud-architecture
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Preferred Locations, NY, GA, MO, CA, WA and potentially others
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Job Number: #20-1180
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072