Sr Material Planner- Remote, Nationwide
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000825466406
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
Founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri, WWT is a global systems integrator and supply chain solutions provider that employs over 7,700 people and operates more than 3.4 million square feet of state-of-the-art warehousing, distribution, and lab integration space strategically located throughout the U.S. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the past nine years.
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Senior Material Planner to work remote-nationwide with preferred locations in MO, IL, TN, TX.
- Promotes the World Wide Technology Core Values and Corporate Goals
- Supply Chain and Inventory management:
- Evaluate inventory domestically to insure continuity of supply using customer forecast, historical usage and backlog.
- Generates and prepares purchase orders to suppliers based on material requirements, availability and pricing.
- Manages inventory introduction and phase outs, minimizing cost of materials transition.
- Identify and take mitigation actions for disposition of excess and obsolete materials
- Delivers Operational Excellence through:
- Execution to KPI's designated for program and customer measurements.
- Initiates and develops continuous improvement initiatives in current and future business opportunities.
- Executes to Weekly/ Monthly plan for inbound and outbound shipments to ensure customer expectations and timelines are met
- Provides internal and external collaboration:
- Maintains ongoing collaborative relationship with the customer, program management, logistics and quality on local and global scale
- Generates and communicates business metrics on a weekly, monthly, quarterly basis to the management Team
- Provides evaluation feedback on vendor performance in the areas of continuity of supply and service
Responsibilities of this job consist of managing resources, governance on inventory levels and customer escalations for the planning organization, including:
- Strong Individual contributor - Analytics
- Leads by example (mentor)
- Provides Training for new and current staff
- Creates, develops and manages planning strategies for complex programs
- Performs to program defined KPI's
- Actively engaged in process improvement projects
- Analyzes trending and root cause identification
- Fosters Innovative solutions within their team
- External engagement on inventory risk and aged mitigation
Skills necessary to be successful in this role include:
Core Functional /Technical Skills
Coaches others to draw reasonable forecasting conclusions based on past and present data and interpretation of the impact of prevailing trends.
Resource Planning and Optimization
Reviews the skill and expertise requirements to accomplish team goals and identifies staffing and talent resources to fill project roles. Develops action plans for optimal resource utilization and manages financial/material resource usage among team. Encourages others to assess the potential impact of resource decisions related to efficiency and cost reduction."
Guides the ordering, shipping and warehousing processes to ensure a consistent flow for production; implements new strategies and designs to improve the movement of materials.
Guides others to collect information and analyze complex data and business problems; identifies trends and uses data-driven insights to make recommendations.
Applies advanced statistical methods or formulas to solve problems and analyze situations in the most efficient manner (e.g., hypothesis testing and estimation, confidence intervals, chi-square tests, nonparametric statistics, analysis of variance, regression, correlation, decision theory); coaches others on utilizing the best statistical techniques to solve problems.
Facilitates collaboration with different stakeholders with varied perspectives to develop effective solutions to issues. Strives for optimum organizational efficiency by applying systems thinking across boundaries and making recommendations about policies/ processes. Takes a whole systems approach to analyze issues and implements holistic solutions by ensuring that linkages between structure, people, process and technology are made."
Formulates own research questions, assesses the pertinence of data sources and conducts research to test hypotheses before establishing new facts and reaching new conclusions.
A successful candidate for this role would exhibit the following traits:
- Effectively and efficiently organizes resources to get things done
- Naturally takes the lead in challenging circumstances and provides needed direction even on unpopular issues
- Enjoys tackling new challenges and seizing the opportunity to deliver results through hard work
- Provides clear and productive direction to their team via thorough planning and effective communication
- Preferred Bachelor's degree or minimum of 5 years of related experience.
- Requires at least 5 years of prior experience in planning, procurement or inventory management role.
- Proven track record of delivering results through process development and governance oversight
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic ability to arrange and retrieve data, knowledge, and ideas through utilization of math skills, organization of information.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to communicate through all levels of organization
WWT has a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated before starting at WWT. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made and can be discussed in the pre-hire process.
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled.
Job Number: #22-0405
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072