World Wide Technology
Posted Tuesday, December 13, 2022
Posting ID: 5000911050706
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the tenth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for an Engagement Architect to join our Infrastructure Services (IS) team.
What will you be doing?
The Engagement Architect leads several of the pre-sales processes for qualified services opportunities. WWT's Sales organization is responsible for creating and qualifying business opportunities. When a services opportunity is qualified, the Engagement Architect leads the Intake, Scoping, Architecting, and Contracting phases of the services lifecycle. After an engagement is awarded to WWT, the Engagement Architect co-leads the Initiation phase with a leader or leaders from the applicable services organizations, such as a Project Managers, Program Managers, Delivery Leads, Engagement Managers. The Engagement Architect remains informed throughout the Service Delivery phase and is prepared to assist if needed.
- Support Sales with relevant and current WWT services knowledge to aid in qualification and pursuit decisions. Review opportunities to confirm that qualification standards have been met. Offer advice to the Sales team around related experience with similar engagements, feasibility of a particular type of engagement, and other insights that may influence the decision to pursue the opportunity. For opportunities that are not ready for pursuit, advise Sales team on how the opportunity could be re-shaped to better match WWT's capabilities. For pursuit opportunities, determine what departments and employees will be engaged for the next steps.
- Lead scope discussions and workshops with clients, seeking to understand the client's business and technical objectives and constraints. Perform detailed discovery and requirements gathering. Engage WWT subject matter experts to assist in scoping.
- Service Architecture. Determine internally how WWT will perform the services in scope. This does not include the technical architecture or engineering of the technology solution; this is an Engineering responsibility. This phase includes preliminary timeline, resource planning, risk assessment, estimating and budgeting, preliminary proposal and SOW/contract development. Develop statements of work that are accurate, detailed, and contractually protect WWT from unfunded scope expansion and other risks.
- Present proposals and SOWs to clients. Revise scope, timeline, and fees based on client feedback. Balance winning business with creating engagements that optimized for successful and profitable delivery. Execute approved SOWs.
- Guide new engagements through internal setup and initiation processes.
- Service Delivery. Remain involved and aware of the status of engagements. Assist with scope clarification, scope changes, and other tasks when needed.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with WWT Sales and WWT Services stakeholders and other WWT departments and employees.
- Establish and maintain contact with assigned clients.
- Serve as the point of contact for Sales into the Services organization for new opportunities.
- Serve as the point of contact for the Services organization regarding Sales opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for additional business.
- When required, conduct what may be difficult client-facing discussions to address scope changes or issues.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- 5 years of related experience creating, defining, selling, or delivering large scale technology services engagements
- Presence and credibility with clients regarding technology services
- Ability to negotiate mutually agreeable outcomes in complex scenarios with clients, partners, and WWT stakeholders
- Ability to work successfully in a complex matrix organization
- Competency in analytical problem solving, customer/partner relationships, network products and technology expertise, project management, and strategic insight
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Travel is anticipated at 25%-50% depending on assigned accounts or regions
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/infrastructure-services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Preferred locations: NY, MO, FL, NC, TX, AZ, IL, WA, MA, VA, OR, AL, LA, GA, NV, MN, OH, MI, WI, IA, SC
Job Number: #22-2410
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072