Cloud Solutions Architect
World Wide Technology
Posting ID: 5000720511306
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,000 individuals and closed nearly $12 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Digital Technologist to join our Digital team within Consulting Services (CS).
What is the Business Analytics and Advisors (BAA) Team and why join?
We are hyper-focused on providing business outcomes for our clients. We take on the most challenging problems our customers face and provide innovative solutions that can involve data strategy, use cases & analytical modeling, data governance, AI/ML platforms, and enterprise architecture strategy. We are made up of consultants who formerly worked at top firms, data scientists with PhDs from the top universities, and engineers with experience in industry and government agencies. Our goal is to bring together business acumen with full-stack technical know-how to develop innovative solutions for our clients' most complex challenges.
At WWT, Cloud Solution Architects function as both consultants and technical leaders. As a consultant, you will meet with the business and IT leaders of our clients, understand their ambitions and pain points, and develop a vision how to best solve their problems. As a technical leader, you will actualize the vision by designing engagements involving WWT's service offerings and technical teams. Along the way, you will help to develop WWT's cloud go-to-market strategy, grow cloud understanding across the sales field, and initiate projects to ensure healthy transition from sales to execution. You will decide which capability is best for a given client, have crucial conversations to align efforts across execution teams, and structure complex deals driving the best outcome for the customer, WWT, and our partners. You will join a small and growing team of CSAs, and help define the future direction of the role at WWT. You will have the support of a high performing team of peer architects, and the WWT culture of trust, humility, embracing change, passion, attitude, team player, honesty and integrity.
What you will be doing:
- Design solutions for customer problems using cloud technologies across AWS, Azure, and GCP
- Develop and evangelize cloud team service offerings; cloud migrations, data science, cloud-native applications, etc.
- Build relationships across the organization to deliver cross-functional solutions including participants from Consulting Services, Application Services, Professional Services, etc.
- Develop, define, and grow the CSA organization and own WWT's vision for the cloud
- Continue to learn and grow as the cloud landscape continually changes
- Work as part of a core team serving WWT's customers, including Consulting Services, Engagement Managers, Enterprise Architects, Managing Directors and Account Managers contributing to the analysis, design, and implementation of business performance to ensure positive impact and sustainable results.
- Deliver strong analytical, quantitative and conceptual thinking skills and effective interpersonal and communication skills to ensure successful client projects & team performance
- Work with the WWT account teams to educate them and help drive business development and sales
- Actively pursue business opportunities at large, complex customers; work with clients and internal WWT Teams to develop and negotiate statements of work, including project scope, deliverables, timelines and costs.
- Understand customer needs and make recommendations at the BU/Division Head levels
- Understand the breadth of what we sell so that we are bringing the best of WWT to the customer through introducing and selling cross business services that help expand WWT's footprint
- Achieve revenue and profit growth for the Consulting Services
- 50% Travel
- Expert-level certification in AWS, Azure, or GCP preferred
- Experience developing a business use case and technology roadmap
- Recent experience (3-4 years') in cloud consulting; designing solutions on one or more major cloud platforms
- Background (5+ years) designing and implementing technology solutions; software engineering/networking/platform/etc.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Comfortable engaging with senior technology and business leadership to effectively understand problems and discuss potential solutions
- Ability to quickly structure ambiguous requests and clearly communicate potential solutions
- Adaptable to customers at various cloud-maturity levels; beginners to experts
- Preferred: hands-on experience with the latest cloud technologies such as IaC, data analytics, DevOps, cloud operations, serverless, etc.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams with diverse points of view
Want to learn more about Consulting Services? Check us out on our platform: https://www.wwt.com/consulting-services
What else do you need to know?
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
WWT has implemented a vaccine requirement for all of its U.S. workforce. All new hires must be fully vaccinated by December 8, 2021. Appropriate religious and medical accommodations will be made.
Job Number: #21-0738
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072