Director of Client Development
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, December 7, 2022
Posting ID: 5000909689806
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology (WWT) strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed over $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Why should you join the Customer Success team?
World Wide Technology currently has an opportunity available for a Director-level resource to lead our Client Development organization. The Individual will report to the Area Vice President of Business Development as part of our Global Enterprise Segment.
What will you be doing?
The Client Development Team is focused on recruiting, on-boarding, training, and enabling the next generation of WWT Client Managers. The Director of Client Development plays the critical role of managing and leading the team consisting of team leads and Client Development Associates.
Client Development Associates work closely with WWT Client Managers and Regional Managers on customer engagements. The role is designed to facilitate on the job development and training with the intent of moving into Client Manager positions at an agreed upon time.
We are looking for self-motivated and driven candidates with strong skills and experience in technology sales, organizational management and leadership, solution development, financial analysis, project management, business processes design, and a solid understanding of connecting technology solutions to the business and financial impacts they deliver for our customers.
The Director of Client Development will be tasked with taking a fully developed program, enhancing it, and leading it into the future. Measures of success will include placement of resources into Associate Client Manager or Client Manager roles as well as contributing to the profitability of the Global Enterprise Segment through supporting and driving sales.
- Close collaboration and alignment with sales marketing, business development, and regional sales teams
- Manage team leads and senior team leads
- Mentor earlier in career resources with aspirations to become WWT Client Managers
- Manage and scale a growing team
- Close collaboration with associate sales development program leaders and facilitators
- Assist with lead generation, opportunity identification, qualification, strategy, and closure
- Engage with peer organizations and collaborate as needed to present WWT Solutions to clients.
- Drive proactive follow-up on marketing or email campaigns and inbound inquiries with existing and potential clients
- Drive best practices and continuous improvement of the program
- Analyze email and data tools. When appropriate, build a business case for upgrades or adoption of additional technologies.
- Sell direct to accounts, where required and appropriate
- Provide customer oral presentations of solutions, proposals, and business cases
- Work with our sales teams to support Account Planning initiatives
- Continuous development and enhancement of Client Development Program
- Assist in the transition of "Won" opportunities to Program Management
- Develop an understanding of competitive market positioning
- Data analysis to support sales strategy and P&L growth
- Refine, lead, and support a lead gen/lead qualification strategy that combines marketing and digital insights with sales data to effectively produce qualified leads-turning interest into action.
- Work with Marketing to create targeted campaigns to net qualified leads
- Filter various Marketing efforts (website, social, digital campaigns, tradeshows, etc), by following up with prospects with targeted messaging
- Work with Client Managers and Regional Managers to identify accounts where business can/should grow and work with the AM to expand the account
- Work with WWT to identify new logos and create targeted campaigns to gain their business
- Nurture the lead through a steady cadence of tailored communication and communicate with sales regions as required
- Learn WWT differentiators
- Operate autonomously to operate beyond defined role and help team improve processes, training, use of technology, and other aspects of the business.
- Bachelor's degree in business or engineering
- Strong financial acumen
- Ability to work under uncertainty and incomplete data sets
- Project / Program Management experience
- Data analysis, financial analysis, process design, and CRM experience
- Forecasting and Pipeline Development and Reporting
- Minimum of 7 years of sales or business experience within the technology field
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation capabilities
- Flexible Schedule
- Location can be any major market within the United States; ideal location would be St. Louis, Dallas, Atlanta, New York or Phoenix.
- Ability to travel on short notice
- Experience selling IT and/or other enterprise services to Fortune 500 organizations.
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Job Number: #22-2382
Posting Locations:Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072