Posting ID: JP-002347630
1st and2nd shift lead spots available.
Summary: Oversight on blueprints of a complex nature and can direct the fabrication and weld departments to meet the specifications with some oversight. Weld staff applies appropriate welding techniques to produce quality welds within specifications. Has welding certifications required for the job and can teach direct reports to do the same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and weld symbols.
• Requires his or her direct reports to produce quality welds utilizing the appropriate welding wire, heat, arc, speed, depth and bead size of weld for the weld requirement.
• Requires the ability to accurately weld fabricated components of carbon steel,
aluminum and stainless steel and perform welds in all positions – flat, horizontal,
vertical up and down.
• Capable of obtaining certified welding certificates for a variety of AWS standards for self and direct reports.
• Must be able to confer with department heads (machining & assembly) and production personnel to resolve welding problems.
• Requires ability to respond quickly to priority changes and work well under pressure
due to scheduling constraints and perform quality work in a safe and efficient manner.
• Ability to safely lift up to 50+ lbs.
• Ability to train, coach, teach and mentor new welders and existing staff
• Asks versus tells
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Raymond Orofino