Manager - Business Infrastructure Services
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, December 14, 2022
Posting ID: 5000911489106
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,800 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today!
What will you be doing?
The Business Infrastructure Manager will lead a group of talented Engineers whose mission is directly with business groups that have specific IT needs to support their business. The Manager should have a solid base understanding of core infrastructure capabilities such as , storage, networking, operating systems, and observability. The manager will coordinate activities for the team, need to be able to work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of WWT warehouses and other business units while focusing on the career development of the team.
The job will stakeholders, aligning with partner team, as well as providing technical oversight for the team. The ideal candidate will be comfortable working with senior management across infrastructure, development, and business organizations and is not afraid of driving broader organizational change.
- Collaborate with fellow managers to develop and drive the team’s roadmap
- Passionate about understanding stakeholder needs to drive adoption
- Listen to feedback to propose new solutions and iterative improvements
- Recruit and grow extraordinary developer and analyst talent while supporting their growth through performance reviews, constant feedback, coaching, and mentorship
- Promote an inclusive team culture where engineers of diverse backgrounds can learn and grow
- Facilitate the definition of the vision and strategy for the team and effectively communicate them to the team and partners through stakeholder engagements and roadmap showcases
- Work with product owners, stakeholders, and the team to prioritize, plan and execute work while balancing technical enhancements, tech debt management and new feature development
- Build relationships with partners across IT and stakeholder business units, balance their and the team's needs, communicate effectively, and work to resolve any friction that might hinder effective collaboration.
- Technically advise and provide feedback on solutions and decisions, making sure they align with the strategic vision
- Builds positive relationships with stakeholders by providing excellent service/support and consistent communication as appropriate
- Develop and manage relationships with key external vendors and partners
- Understand and drive budget management for software, hardware, and resources to support the team
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or relevant experience
- Typical candidates will have at least 7-10 years of experience in the technology field, preferably in Infrastructure or Network engineering, and at least 2 years of experience in a technical leadership role and managing people.
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Core Infrastructure Service (Compute, Storage, VMWare, Networking)
- Linux/Windows fundamentals
- Listening to feedback, understanding problems, and proposing solutions
Exposure to or interest in learning more about:
- Automation frameworks
- End User Technologies (imaging, OS, endpoint protection)
- Backup / Disaster Recovery Processes
- Certificate Management
- Observability / Monitoring Tools
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with disabilities
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #22-2417
Posting Locations:St. Louis, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072