World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, December 21, 2022
Posting ID: 5000912483900
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the 11th consecutive year!
Summary of Position:
We are seeking a Payroll Accountant that reports into Corporate Finance and the position reports to the Sr. Manager of Global Payroll Operations. This position is responsible for ensuring the company’s payroll transactions are recorded and reported in accordance with GAAP as well as payroll auditing activities to ensure compliance of standard operating procedures, corporate policies, and applicable federal and state laws.
• Technical knowledge and understanding of payroll rules and regulations
• Handling accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness to include auditing master records and transactional data
• Reconciling subledger activity to general ledger account balances
• Supporting month-end and year-end close
• Preparing journal entries and account reconciliations
• Coordination and liaison with auditors for internal/external audits including: bank audits, qtly/annual financial audits, and vendor audits
• Compiles and analyzes statistical payroll related data to:
• Support insurance premiums underwriting
• Expense analysis for payroll accounts
• Support various tax credits
• 401(k) quarterly forecasting, payroll cash projections, and profit-sharing calculations
• Complies all monthly/quarterly US Bureau Labor Statistic reports
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or equivalent required
• 4 years of progressive business experience
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software suite
• Oracle and ADP experience preferred, not required
Business and Personal Attributes:
• Demonstrated problem solving, analytical skills and innovative thinking skills are required.
• Ability to professionally communicate with all levels of the business and interface effectively across multiple departments with strong diplomacy skills
• A strong team player with evidence of professional maturity and self-confidence
• Attention to detail, strong listening, written and verbal communication skills
• Personal time management skills and organization
• Comfortable working in an open and highly interactive, fast paced, communicative culture
• Ability to embrace change
• A high level of integrity, strong work ethic, positive energy, and a commitment to preserving the company core values and culture..
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Want to learn more about WWT? Check us out here: https://www.wwt.com/about
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #22-2431
Posting Locations:St. Louis, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072