(2nd Shift) Incident Response Manager
Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003775848
The biggest skills this resource needs is good communication and incident resolution experience. This can be in a technical aspect or lead or managerial type roles and they will have to explain these skills in the interview.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Monitor day to day operation of large scale computing infrastructure involving 300+ applications.
• Determine cause of alarm and take appropriate actions including logging alert, create service ticket and notify stakeholders.
• Initiate, maintain and manage critical incident phone bridges (WebEx, Zoom)
• Act as service incident lead for issues including maintaining incident tickets, notification of executive leadership and follow up on resolution.
• Assist in triage and incident management with collection and analysis of performance metrics
• Assist development team in deployment activities by executing change requests or tasks maintaining SOX compliance
• Monitor and execute incident and change requests.
• Able to type and communicate in an effective manner
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below:
• High School diploma or equivalent and 6 years additional education and/or related experience to include five years of progressively more difficult systems experience within IT.
• Basic understanding of Windows and UNIX operating systems.
• Basic understanding of IT infrastructure and operations.
• Ability to identify and relay information and symptoms detected by monitoring tools.
• Ability to read and follow detailed instructions or procedures with minor supervision.
• Ability to work independently or in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and over the telephone in English.
• Must be able to work from Eagan, MN location. No remote work from any other location.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or associated discipline
• Familiarity working with enterprise monitoring productions to include SolarWinds, AppDynamics, Neustar, and ServiceNow.
• Working knowledge of IT Service Desk model.
• ITIL Foundation Certificate
• Experience working in large-scale IT environment.
• Experience with open source monitoring tools.
• Experience in Critical Incident Management, including communication with various levels of executive management (i.e. VP) via phone or email.
• Experience with three-tier architecture.
• Local to the Eagan, MN area. This position does not provide relocation assistance
Monitoring, incident management, triage, Noc, Ccna
Top Skills Details:
Monitoring, incident management, triage
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Any experience with Systems Monitoring tools would be a nice to have - SolarWinds, Dynatrace, Nagios, Data Dog, etc.
Recruiter: Taylor Augustine