Windows Server Administrator
Posted Tuesday, May 16, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003779482
Top Skills' Details1)
1) Windows Server Administration (installing, configuring, and maintaining server hardware and associated equipment)
2) Hyper-V Virtualization on Windows Server 2016, 2019
3) Proven history of being a self-starter and independent worker
4) Prior Azure experience is a plus but not necessary
We are seeking a Windows Server Administrator to join our team of qualified and diverse individuals. The qualified applicant will become part of Windows Server Administration team providing technical services to systems supporting the daily operations of the client's 45 remote manufacturing sites around the country, working alongside one other Server Admin and various technical teams. This client will be eventually moving to Azure cloud, so this experience is nice to have but not necessary.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide planning, coordination, and implementation of server installations, upgrades, routine maintenance, and vendor supplied patches in accordance with established Information Technology (IT) policies and procedures.
• Develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs), Installation Qualifications (IQs), and documentation adhering to industry best practices.
• Monitor and tune systems to achieve optimum performance levels; provide performance statistics and reports.
• Coordinate and collaborate with other functional areas within IT to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business requirements.
• Define and implement strategies for integrating disparate operating environments.
• Prioritize and respond to Service Desk tickets as appropriate.
• Provide timely response to escalations in accordance with service level agreements (SLAs).
• Serves as the primary contact for critical and high server-based outages and communicates the status of the outage to infrastructure management.
• Define and perform server backups and recovery procedures; participate in development, testing, and implementation of business continuity and disaster recovery plans.
• Provide off hours support using a rotating on call procedure as needed.
• Work with remote site technicians, occasionally providing tier 3 support.
• Strong customer service orientation, proven ability to pay attention to details and proven dependability.
• Interact with immediate supervisor, team members, customers, and users daily.
• Special projects as assigned.
Windows server, Hyper-V, windows server administration, azure
Top Skills Details:
Windows server, Hyper-V, windows server administration
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
prior manufacturing environment support experience