Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003777215
* Primary responsibility: Medical device Bioburden and Endotoxin Testing.
* Must be able to physically manipulate various devices and products in a controlled manner while performing disassembly actions. Some of these actions may require the testing Microbiologist to stand for extended periods of time while using hand tools to cut the test articles.
* Conducts general laboratory support functions such as reviewing inventory, ordering, and receiving supplies; support of continuous laboratory cleanliness; collecting, washing, and storing glassware.
* Performs a variety of technical support functions such as performing basic equipment preventive maintenance; preparing routine solutions and reagents; and assisting in general equipment/process troubleshooting activities.
* Makes and records observations; performs simple calculations; and prepares data for evaluation.
* Performs technical and record keeping duties in conformance with company and regulatory policies and standards to meet quality and accuracy requirements.
* Participates in lab continuous improvement activities to drive lean culture and improve the overall quality function of the lab.
* Assists in investigations related to testing, which may include ownership of NCEPs and CAPAs in eCAPA.
Quality Systems Duties and Responsibilities:
Build Quality into all aspects of their work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Basic Qualification: * High School Degree or equivalent Preferred Qualification: * Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite applications. * Experience working in microbiology and/or regulated laboratories.