Posted Monday, May 15, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003778222
Kansas City, MO
Actalent is currently hiring for CAD Designers across the Kansas City metro area. Candidates with hands on mechanical OR structural/construction design experience could be a match for multiple openings at different levels. Preferred candidates will have 3D modeling experience with Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks, Revit, or Tekla.
- Creates and reviews three-dimensional models and drawings in Tekla or Revit to confirm the customer’s architectural and formwork scope and specifications.
- Defines and executes formwork modulations and assemblies in Tekla or AutoCAD in accordance with the customer specifications and company standards.
- Contributes to project management on assigned projects which includes general decision making, scoping, estimating, scheduling, risk and issue management, and status updates.
- Develops models and manufacturing drawings in Autodesk Inventor for all custom formwork and accessories that are not already in the drawing library.
- Creates and manages the project BOM throughout the project lifecycle.
- Checks and audits of drawing deliverables for accuracy and completeness.
- Organizes and releases Manufacturing Drawings, Project Bills of Material, Materials Cut Lists, and other information to Manufacturing and provides design support throughout the Manufacturing process as required.
- Contributes to specifying and managing the development, documentation, and adherence to modeling, drawing, design, and information standards.
3D Modeling, Autodesk Inventor, Mechanical design, Tekla, Revit, Estimating, Structural design
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Knowledge of common engineering principles and terminology.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes.
- A.S. or B.S. in Engineering Design, Engineering Technology, or related field
- Inventor and/or SolidWorks
- AutoCAD, Revit, and/or Tekla is a plus
- Microsoft Office
Recruiter: Colby Hansen
Phone: (913) 905-2691