World Wide Technology
Posted Thursday, January 12, 2023
Posting ID: 5000917704300
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 6,500 individuals and closed nearly $13 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the ninth consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Systems/Cloud Engineer to join our Government Services team within Public Sector.
Why should you join the Government Services team?
Our Government Services team provides cleared resources with a global reach to federal civilian, Department of Defense (DoD) and intelligence community markets. We excel at delivering innovative, operationally ready and cost-effective IT solutions that accelerate the interoperability and resiliency of mission critical systems.
Want to learn more about Government Services? Check us out on our platform:
What will you be doing?
As an Enterprise engineer we provide the design, engineering support and Tier 3 support to improve data interoperability, integrity, and quality for systems and initiatives within USTRANSOM enterprise. Capabilities Engineering Design is the phase between high-level concepts, strategies, and designs provided by the Government. We evaluate commercial and Government software, freeware, shareware, tools, techniques, processes, and standards to ensure the customer requirements are met. We follow DevOps practices with an Agile approach. We leverage the services approved for Government use within the AWS cloud platform creating Infrastructure- as-a-Service (IaaS), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS), and/or Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) capabilities.
Location: Scott AFB, IL (O’fallon’IL)
- Able to evaluate customer requirements
- Development and deployment of applications
- Set up and support the DevSecOps deployment pipeline and process to the cloud environment
- Preferred Skills: AMI, Containers, EKS and Lambdas, Deployment of AWS Orgs/Stack-sets, Broad Cloud Skills, Microsoft App-V experience, Cloud Automation/Deployment
- Able to analyze software applications
- Prepare test cases to prove software installs and operates as expected
- Demonstrative problem-solving skills
- Provide troubleshooting expertise on developer workstation software
- Work unsupervised and participate in software team meetings, design reviews, and peer reviews
- Work as part of team
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization
- Associate degree required (Bachelors preferred), in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other discipline related to software engineering or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 3-5 years of actual software development (any development/scripting language) related work experience
- COMPTIA Security+ (Required to Start)
- Knowledge of AWS and AWS services (AWS Cloud Practitioner (Must at least complete training to start)
- AWS SysOps Admin – Assoc or AWS Developer – Assoc Cert (Strongly Preferred)
- Familiar with GIT, Jenkins, json, yaml,
- Active Security Clearance or ability to attain a Security Clearance (Secret) (Interim Required to start)
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
World Wide Technology, Inc. offers excellent benefits and competitive compensation. Visit our company web page at www.wwt.com for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently-abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #23-0052
Posting Locations:St. Louis, Missouri
Scott Air Force Base, Illinois
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072