Strategic Program Manager
World Wide Technology
Posted Friday, January 6, 2023
Posting ID: 5000916192506
Strategic Program/Portfolio Manager
Location: Jefferson City or Columbia MO preferred
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world class culture, to our generous benefits, to developing cutting edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
At a glance, WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 8,000 individuals and closed nearly $14.5 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high performance team? Come join WWT today! We are looking for a Strategic Program Manager to join our PMO within Infrastructure Services (IS).
Why should you join the PMO?
As a Strategic Program Manager, you will be leading innovative and emerging technology solutions for Fortune 500 customers across all verticals. The Strategic Program Services team is an elite group of professionals selected for their vast experience in driving and successfully delivering complex solutions and transformational initiatives across WWT’s global presence and influence.
What you will be doing?
The Strategic Program Manager will be responsible for managing large scale, transformational client initiatives. The individual will be required to engage and work with technical and global teams, across a large distributed and matrixed organization. They should be able to demonstrate strong presentation and public speaking skills.
Practical experience should include:
- Experience leading, managing, and defining a strategic plan to deliver the business benefits defined by our clients.
- Broad understanding of program management practices and methodologies across technologies and industries
- Strong emphasis on the importance of stakeholder management and engagement, and the role of communication is this function.
- Extensive experience in defining, managing, and reporting financials across the program or portfolio.
- Able to effectively communicate at executive level, including difficult topics without negatively impacting the business relationship.
- Experience in scoping, developing, and reviewing service agreements and contracts.
- Ability to research, plan, coordinate and brief actions in support of leadership’s goals, objectives, and vision.
- Experienced integrating Organizational Change Management (OCM) best practices and considerations into the formal Governance Strategy and Planning.
- Ensure the portfolio of work and projects are aligned to the business benefits and success criteria of the scope of work.
- Navigate Client's organizational structure to identify impacts, stakeholders, and authorities
- Define a clear and relevant governance structure based on stakeholder analysis that includes defined roles and responsibilities
- Ensure efficiency with Client Project Management Methodology, processes, and tool expertise
- Assemble and project manage cross organizational high-performance teams, for high complexity programs and projects, creating a collaborative environment and executing with a sense of urgency
- Define effective Change Control methods and procedures and oversee the operational execution of the policies across project teams.
- Practices effective problem-solving skills, with the fortitude to drive resolutions to a close
- Able to oversee the execution of multiple service delivery models, focused on continuous improvement and adapting to the changing landscape of the service industry.
- Facilitate and drive decision making processes where and when appropriate.
- Work with leadership and technical leads to staff and resource the portfolio of work appropriately
- Establish and ensure effective monitoring and reporting is in place to mitigate and respond to issues and escalations.
- Responsible for managing all budgeting, forecasting and financials to meet targets and expectations
- Creates executive reporting, and delivers the reports to the appropriate executive stakeholders, as defined by the program
- Provides coaching and mentoring to Project Managers and other team members as needed, to achieve the optimal productivity and highest quality of deliverables.
- Responsible for ensuring the successful onboarding and offboarding of program resources
- Acting as primary customer contact for program activities and leading program review sessions with the customer and/or leadership to address cost, schedule, and technical performance.
- Leveraging expertise in mission engineering, system architecture and software development to provide forward thinking solutions that conform to customer constraints while modernizing, and or expanding the programs’ services.
- Providing leadership of cost estimates, proposals, business plans, proposals work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and contract financial terms/conditions. Supporting Contracts in negotiation, recompetes and other contract changes.
- Minimum of five years active Complex Program or Portfolio Management or Directing experience.
- Program Management and/or PMP certification required
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s Degree preferred
- ITIL certification preferred
- Organizational Change Management (OCM) Experience
- Agile methodology certification and/or experience preferred
- Cloud and Application Services
- Cyber Security Experience a plus
- One to three years prior sales/business development experience is preferred
- Salesforce CRM, PPM tools, Service Now experience a plus
- Supply Chain process experience
Want to learn more about Infrastructure Services? Check us out on our platform: Infrastructure Services
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Wellbeing: Health, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion is more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Differently Abled
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #23-0025
Posting Locations:St. Louis, Missouri
Kansas City, Missouri
Jefferson City, Missouri
Kansas City, Kansas
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072