Senior System Engineer - Cloud
World Wide Technology
Posted Wednesday, January 11, 2023
Posting ID: 5000917369206
Fueled by creativity and ideation, World Wide Technology strives to accelerate our growth and nurture future innovation. From our world-class culture to our generous benefits, to developing cutting-edge technology solutions, WWT constantly works towards its mission of creating a profitable growth company that is a great place to work. We encourage our employees to embrace collaboration, get creative and think outside the box when it comes to delivering some of the most advanced technology solutions for our customers.
WWT was founded in 1990 in St. Louis, Missouri. We employ over 7,800 individuals and closed nearly $14 Billion in revenue. We have an inclusive culture and believe our core values are the key to company and employee success. WWT is proud to announce that it has been named on the FORTUNE "100 Best Places to Work For®" list for the eleventh consecutive year!
Want to work with highly motivated individuals that come together to form high-performance teams? Come join WWT today!
What will you be doing?
World Wide Technology, Inc. has an opportunity available for a Senior Systems Engineer that will help support a wide range of cloud technologies including; Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Oracle Cloud focusing on technology solutions for compute, storage, networking, databases, monitoring, backups/recovery, automation frameworks, and end-user technologies.
As Senior Systems Engineer, your primary objective is to design, install, and maintain the cloud infrastructure services provided to IT development teams within World Wide Technology. The ideal candidate is a smart, passionate technologist who wants to bring together the best of infrastructure and operations to improve the practice of both disciplines. We seek to blend day-to-day operations with systems engineering to design, develop, run, and scale the next generation of systems for a global company that demands innovation.
As in all things at WWT, we are looking to take our organization to the next level. Even though we say the responsibility is to manage the above items, it is expected that we continually look for new ways to improve the services we offer to our internal customers. We are looking for candidates that continually strive to improve themselves so they can improve the organization they work in.
- Design and support public cloud solutions in Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, and Oracle Cloud
- Work with product engineering & development teams, enabling them to optimize applications for cloud infrastructure
- Listen to user feedback to propose new solutions and iterative improvements
- Work within the overlap of several areas of focus: observability, security, deployment pipelines, cloud infrastructure, and containerization.
- Promote the use of modern automation around access management and Infrastructure-as-code.
- Document the policies and procedures to support the cloud environments and participate in the design and ongoing refinement of procedures and policies
- Provide typical systems administration support (OS, server hardware & Tier 2/3 ticket support)
- Perform routine service checks and preventative maintenance
- Provide on-call support per the published schedule
Exposure to or interest in learning more about:
- Manage and support on-premise infrastructure to support cloud services
- Manage and support observability/monitoring capabilities
- Manage and support development software development lifecycle activities
- Containerization technology such as Docker, Kubernetes, or others
- Able to automate, IaaS, and PaaS technologies
- Or similar programming languages that assist in automation
- Critical thinker with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic with ability to self-organize
- At least 5 years of public cloud experience with Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform
- At least 1 year of experience building automation with tools such as:
- Previous experience in managing projects or leading the work of others
The well-being of WWT employees is essential. So, when it comes to our benefits package, WWT has one of the best. We offer the following benefits to all full-time employees:
- Health and Well-being: Heath, Dental, and Vision Care, Onsite Health Centers, Employee Assistance Program, Wellness Program
- Financial Benefits: Competitive pay, Profit Sharing, 401k Plan with Company Matching, Life and Disability Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off: PTO & Holidays, Parental Leave, Sick Leave, Military Leave, Bereavement
- Additional Perks: Nursing Mothers' Benefits, Voluntary Legal, Pet Insurance, Employee Discount Program
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are more than a commitment at WWT -- it is the foundation of what we do. Through diverse networks and pipelines, we have a clear vision: to create a Great Place to Work for All. We believe inclusion includes U. Be who U are at WWT!
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Individuals with disabilities
Some WWT customers have a COVID-19 vaccine requirement. In order to work on projects for these customers, employees must be fully vaccinated or have an appropriate religious or medical accommodation.
Job Number: #23-0044
Posting Locations:St. Louis, Missouri
Maryland Heights, Missouri
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072