Posting ID: JP-002602545
Named as one of the fastest growing private companies in the United States by Crain’s Fast 50 and Inc. Magazine, our client designs, manufactures and distributes OEM driveline products for automotive and non-automotive applications throughout the globe. To guarantee high-performance but competitively priced products, we combine low-cost sourcing of materials, innovative in-house design, efficient production and quality assurance processes with high quality people.
Our client is currently seeking to fill the position of full-time (CAD Designer). This position is based out of their Beatrice, Nebraska production facility.
• Operates computer-aided design (CAD) system and peripheral equipment to convert engineers’ and technicians’ designs into working computer documents, parts, and assemblies.
• Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications and standards.
• Collaborates with engineering and design staff to develop production drawings.
• Creates sketches, rough layouts, and checking drawings to assist in the design and development process.
• Calculates weights, surface areas, clearances, and volumes.
• Sets up and maintains an organized data structure for models and drawings in PTC Windchill software. Provide support and training to other engineers.
• Perform changes to drawings to support the ECR process.
• Create drawings of prototypes, test fixtures, gages, and other items.
• Other duties and special projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Familiarity with casting, forging and general machining processes such as turning and milling.
• Familiarity with GD&T concepts and how they apply to Automotive OEM requirements.
• Proficient in solid modeling techniques for robust designs of parametric models.
• Automotive components design experience preferred.
• Proficient in PTC Creo and Windchill preferred.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite applications.
• Must work well in a team environment.
• Motivated, goal oriented, and detailed professional.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Ability to plan and carry out responsibilities with minimal direction.
• Willingness to work extended hours as needed.
• Postsecondary school training with courses in math, science, and computer technology.
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072