User Experience Designer
Posting ID: JP-002068328
TEKsystems is seeking a User Experience Designer with a strong research concentration to an Omaha client. You will serve as a senior member of the User Experience (UX) Design team with an emphasis on user centered research methods and product discovery. Ultimately, your work will impact our mission to become industry's most valued financial partner.
In this role you’ll develop a strong understanding of users (their needs, goals, behaviors, and motivations) through research activities; identify product opportunities; incorporate findings into design concepts such as wireframes or prototypes and validate hypotheses through usability testing or A/B testing. You’ll also be creating experience design artifacts including journey maps, service blueprints, research plans, personas, sketches, and wireframes.
- Deliver Value
- Take the necessary steps to deliver business value in service to customers and teammates to the maximum extent possible.
- User Research
- Lead the planning, design, execution and analysis of pragmatic testing scenarios. Facilitate moderated usability tests.
- Incorporate user preferences, usability findings, and visitor data into in-flight designs.
- Champion new methodologies in testing and research.
- Mentor development team members and business owners in these practices.
- Visual Design
- Lead ideation, elaboration and sketching sessions.
- Distill business and customer needs into focused, understandable outcomes such as customer personas, storyboards, customer journey maps, and use case scenarios.
- Design wireframes and high-fidelity comps in adherence with design systems.
- Champion style guide updates to design system based on user feedback, trends and best practices.
- Interaction Design
- Facilitate the development of use case scenarios, planning and execution of usability testing to be leveraged in the design of interactive prototypes.
- Champion pattern library updates to design system based on user feedback, trends and best practices.
- Story / Requirements Collaboration
- Facilitate the measurement and evaluation of key user experience indicators to help business owners of the various systems/applications understand balance between desired system features, the importance of user experience and sustainable technology solutions.
- 5+ years User experience designer, interaction designer, information architect or similar role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage small projects and the design of medium to large solutions providing design leadership to project teams and mentors team members as needed.
- A track record of collaborating with Product Management and Engineering to ship real products that have made a measurable impact.
- An understanding of both qualitative and quantitative research approaches and techniques to identify insights and inform direction.
- Experience with design thinking and lean environments.
- Four-year college degree in Human Computer Interaction (HCI), Engineering, Computer Science or Design
- Knowledge of software tools for prototyping and design such as Figma and UXPin.
Usability Testing, Qualitative and Quantitative Research, User Experience
Top Skills Details:
• Provide organization expertise in quantitative and qualitative user research methods.
• Conduct user research and usability testing to guide and validate design concepts; from user interviews, contextual inquiries, surveys, moderated usability testing, data analytics and user centered design workshops.
• Create UX deliverables including journey maps, service blueprints, process diagrams, personas, research summary reports and research roadmaps.
• Work closely with the product and development teams to establish an effective product research roadmap that incorporates continuous user feedback from an early strategic direction through post release validation.
• Collaborate with UX, Product, and Innovation teams to maintain and contribute to solutions.
• Evangelize the value of user research as a strategic driver for our products and services to the organization.
• Establish OKRs that align UX activities with measurable business value.
• Influence business decisions by presenting user research findings and outcomes to product stakeholders and leaders.
• Work cross-functionally in a highly collaborative environment with Product Managers, Engineers and other stakeholders to arrive at the best possible experience for our customers while doing the right thing for the business.
• Tackle complex problems and clearly articulate your solutions to a wide range of stakeholders.
• Connect with users to listen, observe and turn their feedback into insights and ideas that drive the best outcomes.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- Very focused on research aspect of UX.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Nathan Moench