Lab Technician- Now Hiring Biology/chemistry/Chemical Engineer Grads!
Posting ID: JP-002096213
The lab techs are placing the samples into the liquid handling robot and removing the caps. They will remove the samples at the end of the run and recap them and place into storage. They will also be moving 96 well plates from the liquid handler to the PCR platform and remove them for destruction once the PCR process is finished. There are few other minor tasks but this is the main activity. They need a bachelors degree and some basic wet lab experience. Familiarity with lab automation is a plus.
Laboratory technicians assist with the receiving, labeling, testing and analyzing of samples (blood, tissue, saliva, etc.) in a sterile environment. They assist in the design and execution of laboratory testing according standard procedures, as well as maintain accurate computer records of the process and results. They will be working with human samples that are potentially pathogenic and must follow all safety guidelines.
Lab Technician responsibilities include:
• Receiving, labeling and analyzing samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
• Designing and executing laboratory testing according standard procedures
• Conducting experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
We are looking for a qualified Lab Technician to undertake a variety of laboratory procedures of technical nature. You will be handling sensitive equipment to analyze samples or substances and conduct tests reporting findings to a laboratory manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience in working under possibly hazardous conditions (e.g. pathogens or chemicals). He/She will be well-trained to maintain safety conditions and will be passionate for doing work that makes things move forward.
The goal is to optimize lab procedures and succeed in producing reliable and important results that can be used to make a difference.
• Receive, label and analyze samples (blood, toxic, tissue etc.)
• Design and execute laboratory testing according standard procedures, make observations and interpret findings
• Conduct experiments under defined conditions to verify/reject various types of hypotheses using refined scientific methods
• Record all data and results in specified forms (paper and electronic) with accuracy and responsibility
• Maintain equipment and assist in ordering laboratory supplies
• Ensure that all safety guidelines are followed strictly at all times and maintain a clean and orderly environment
• BS in biology, chemistry or other applicable science
• Will be familiar with cell culture, pipetting and preparing reagents.
• Preferred: Experience with mammalian cell culture experience and demonstrable sterile technique.
• Soft Skills: comfortable asking questions, learning new skills and possessing strong organizational skills and attention to detail is also desired.
Chemistry, Biology, biochemistry, biological science, pcr, pcr dna, liquid handling, pipetting
Top Skills Details:
Bachelor degree in Chemistry or Biology
1-3 years of experience in lab (biological preferred)
Open to academic experience
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Proven experience as Lab Technician or relevant position
• Experience in operating electrical and nonelectrical laboratory equipment and potentially dangerous substances
• Working knowledge of MS Office (especially Excel) and database systems
• Ability to work autonomously and under pressure
• Degree in biology, chemistry or relevant field
Intermediate Level - Can start ASAP.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072