General Production Worker
Posting ID: JP-002261859
Aerotek is hiring for a production associate at a production facility in Albany, NY. This individual will be responsible for the cutting, shaping, sanding and finishing of wood, metal, and composite materials using a variety of hand and power tools in the course of carrying out the shop’s production requirements.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities
- Moving workpieces of various sizes and weights onto work tables
- Standing up full-sheets of plywood for job picking
- Setting up and safely operating machinery and tools including—but not limited to—circular saws, compound mitre saws, drills & drivers, belt sanders, and orbital sanders
- Measuring and marking with accuracy according to written or verbal instructions and basic diagrams
- Assisting with spray finishing and application of spray adhesive
- Effectively conveying accurate information to coworkers, Team Leaders, and supervisors while carrying out tasks
- Examine products, services, or processes to evaluate their quality
- Balance quality and timeliness while carrying out shop assignments
- Give full attention to what other people are saying, take time to understand the points being made, ask questions as appropriate
- Performing all tasks in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with OSHA industry standards
- Proactively seeking continuous improvement and professional development
- Meaningfully contributing to team meetings, training, policies, strategy and culture
- Performing other related duties as required.
Shift: 8am-5:30pm Monday-Thursday; 8am-2:30pm Friday
Location: Albany, NY
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072