Posting ID: JP-002243078
Welder (Grinder) opportunity in Port Washington, NY!
Seeking a candidate that has experience performing deburring or grinding of metals and is comfortable working within a metal manufacturing environment.
Second Shift: Monday-Friday, 3:30pm-12am.
Do you have the following experience?
- Attention to detail - candidate must have close attention to detail and take pride in work.
- Power tool - candidate must have experience working with power tools
- Sanding - candidate must have experience performing sanding of wood or metal.
This could be the opportunity for you!
The Grinder will be finishing the steel frames that the welder has put together. They will be utilizing a large pneumatic grinder, small die grinder, electric grinder and palm sanders as well as other similar grinding and sanding tools. The welders will put together the steel frames and set them aside for the Grinder. The Grinder will need to be able to lift 50lbs consistently throughout their shift. They will lift the frame and bring it to their station where they will perform the Grinding and sanding until frame is complete. They will then put the frame back on the dolly and go to the next piece.
- Blueprint Reading
- Sheet Metal
spot welding, mig, Welding, Sheet metal, Grind, fabrication, blueprint, weld
- OT is extremely encouraged Monday through Friday
- They promote from within in lead assembler and management rolls
- 401 k matching up to 5%
- 2% merrit increase a year
- Yearly bonus after a performance review
- Benefits the first month after they go perm
- Ability to transfer to multiple locations across the country
- Ability to transfer into a different departments within the company
If interested, please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 732-447-1628.
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Christopher Sholtis