Human Resources Business Partner
Posting ID: JP-002663143
NOW HIRING | HR BUSINESS PARTNER
Under general direction of the Director of Human Resources, the Human Resource Business Partner is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Execution of critical HR processes, including compensation, performance management, talent acquisition, talent development and workforce planning
• Support employee relations, ethics, or compliance investigations (initial interviews & fact gathering); maintain tracking for issues/concerns and handle inquiries from employees and managers
• Collaborate with Business/Operations groups to provide high-impact HR solutions
• Serve as a trusted advisor to the business leaders and employees
• Analyze trends and metrics to develop solutions in support of HR programs and policies
• Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
• Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
• Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
• Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
• Counsel managers and employees on situational issues; participates in internal investigations, corrective actions, and coaching, to resolve employee conflicts
• Consistent application of HR policies to mitigate risk and ensure equitable solutions
• Other HR projects as assigned
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent team building skills, self-motivated with the ability to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Strong business acumen and understanding of HR strategic partnership in driving business results
• Creative problem solver with strong attention to detail, organization, and follow-up skills
• Experience working with unionized work force. Active participation in CBA negotiations, grievance hearings and employment practices.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Ability to acquire a thorough understanding of the organization's hierarchy, jobs, qualifications, compensation practices, and the administrative practices related to those factors
• Excellent time management skills with proven ability to meet deadlines
• Expert with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel
IV. EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree
• Broad-based experience in HR, including employee relations and knowledge and understanding of EEO laws, Affirmative Action, and conflict resolution
• Working knowledge of applicable local, state, and federal employment laws, and compliance requirements
• Minimum of 8 years of progressive leadership experience within Human Resources
• Prior management of director reports desired
• SHRM – CP or SCP desired
About Aston Carter:
At Aston Carter, we’re dedicated to expanding career opportunities for the skilled professionals who power our business. Our success is driven by the talented, motivated people who join our team across a range of positions – from recruiting, sales and delivery to corporate roles. As part of our team, employees have the opportunity for long-term career success, where hard work is rewarded and the potential for growth is limitless.
Established in 1997, Aston Carter is a leading staffing and consulting firm, providing high-caliber talent and premium services to more than 7,000 companies across North America. Spanning four continents and more than 200 offices, we extend our clients’ capabilities by seeking solvers and delivering solutions to address today’s workforce challenges. For organizations looking for innovative solutions shaped by critical-thinking professionals, visit AstonCarter.com. Aston Carter is a company within Allegis Group, a global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888-237-6835 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options. However, if you have questions about this position, please contact the Recruiter located at the bottom of the job posting. The Recruiter is the sole point of contact for questions about this position.
Recruiter: Nicole Budnik