Job Search & More
Posted Tuesday, July 18, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003911139
Do you want to further your career in the laboratory with one of the top diagnostic labs in the state? Our client is looking for an overnight specimen processor to join their team!
- Specimen processors take incoming samples and input data into the computer system/create labelling for samples
- Will be handling the enclosed samples with PPE but do not directly touch open swabs/perform tests on the samples
- Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for processing.
- Labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
- Ability to handle all specimen types.
- Multi-task between different types of requisitions.
- Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent.
- Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
- Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
- File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
- Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
data entry, Accessioning, specimen processing, Laboratory, Medical, Specimen labeling, Patient information, Sorting