Job Search & More
Posted Monday, July 10, 2023
Posting ID: JP-003894049
-specimen processors take incoming samples and input data into the computer system/create labelling for samples
-will be handling the enclosed samples with PPE but do not directly touch open swabs/perform tests on the samples
• Receive, identify, label, and process specimens as required for processing.
• Labeling of specimen containers, slide(s), and any other materials submitted by the client.
• Ability to handle all specimen types.
• Multi-task between different types of requisitions.
• Maintain departmental production goals to ensure hourly specimen flow to the labs are consistent.
• Review, transcribe, and enter demographic and specimen data into the laboratory information system with 100% accuracy.
• Recognize specimen problems and refer to designated personnel.
• File Requisition Slips, glass slides, and paraffin blocks assisting Laboratory Aide(s) as needed.
• Perform supply maintenance and clean-up duties to help workflow and efficiency.
• Candidates will be reading and entering data information that come from labels that were previously on specimen bags. They will handle sealed COVID-19 samples as well as other samples like blood, stool, urine, biopsies, etc. and wear proper personal protective equipment and follow World Health Organization’s guidelines.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
high school diploma/GED
ability to work overnight
comfortable with human samples