Posting ID: JP-002663375
- 7+ years of experience working onsite at construction projects interacting and supervising subs
- 5+ years of MEP or industrial Construction Experience
- Osha 30
This company needs an APM/Superintendent for their data center construction projects for Verizon Wireless. This will be to support smaller line of projects projected to last 6-8 months. These projects are build outs to existing facilities for Verizon to become the leading wireless carrier with 5G coverage. Our Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Supervision of MEP equipment upgrades for HVAC systems such as ductwork, generators, chillers, electrical switches, etc
- Serve as trusted liaison between architects, subcontractors (Miller Electric, PGH Interiors, Powell Mechanical, etc), suppliers, inspectors, and clients
- Enforce OSHA regulations and ensure they are being followed on site
- Serve as on site representative for all construction being performed
- Assist PM with any tasks to help meet project deadlines
** It is extremely important that candidates have experience in a critical environment (data center, power plants, hospital, laboratory, etc) due to strict rules Verizon has in the construction sites.
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
- 7+ years of experience interacting/managing subcontractors
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or Engineering
- 3+ years of on site MEP experience, previous data center experience preferred
- 3+ years of experience with MS Project or Excel managing a schedule
This company is one of the largest construction oversight firms as a subsidiary of AECOM. They have supporting very large projects including the World Trade Center. This specific group is supporting Verizon in becoming the first wireless carrier to have 5G coverage. This is a great opportunity for someone to contribute to expanding their wireless coverage. Along with generous pay and 6 paid holidays on contract. There is potential to become a direct employee depending on the projects that happen next year for them. Additionally, data center construction is happening more across the nation, this is valuable experience and can lead to a PM role.
This person will be onsite at all times as the representative for construction. They will not have an office but will have a table and workspace on the construction site.
M-F 8am-5pm (subject to change based on project), may have to work occasional OT.
Jeans, Boots, PPE (will be provided by client)
Actalent connects passion with purpose. Our scalable talent solutions and services capabilities drive value and results and provide the expertise to help our customers achieve more. Every day, our experts around the globe are making an impact. We’re supporting critical initiatives in engineering and sciences that advance how companies serve the world. Actalent promotes consultant care and engagement through experiences that enable continuous development. Our people are the difference. Actalent is an operating company of Allegis Group, the global leader in talent solutions.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Recruiter: Jean Chambers
Phone: (410) 579-3072